Dopewars2x Beta

sbseb88

Still Fresh
Download from http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,37,1979

This is my version of dopewars for the gp2x. It's very simple and tries to stick to the original... it's coded from scratch and mostly for fun, so please don't expect too much ;)

It's still a beta so constructive criticism is appreciated.

The archive is not yet updated with the english readme, so I'll post that as well. Sorry for that.
dopeWars2x v0.03a BETA
Seb 20/12/06

This is a remake of DopeWars, largely based on dopewars-1.5.12 (http://dopewars.sourceforge.net/). This is not a port, but my own version coded from scratch (that's why it looks kinda crappy).

I've tried, or am trying, to stay close to the original, like the "antique" mode of dopewars-1.5.12.

I'd appreciate feedback and comments, because my version is far from finished. The current version is a BETA and not finished by a long shot.

Controls are quite simple, B is select an option, X is cancel. The joystick navigates you through the menus. You can use left / right in the Buy and Sell menus.

-Seb

Yono posted on Dec 23 2006 at 12:40 AM said:
Your first post was a beta release. I think you're going to be a good addition to the community. ;)
I've been lurking the GP2x forums for a few months I think... but anyways, does anyone have any comments on the game? Good or bad? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sebastian! I'm trying it out now! :)
I like how you started from scratch. Good strategy there, and if you ever need help with it...don't be afraid to ask! I love trading sims.

Btw, don't let the voting on the archives get to you. People are fairly harsh on there for no reason.

This game really has me happy. :)

zodttd posted on Dec 23 2006 at 06:23 PM said:
Btw, don't let the voting on the archives get to you. People are fairly harsh on there for no reason.
Yea, what the hell is with that 1/10 vote? There should be a filter banning all the dipshits who cast such votes...

Thanks for your game dude :)

- Alex

But what if something were uploaded which really did deserve a 1/10 rating? :)

Great game. :)
If someone says you could of done this or that then tell them to do it. A lot of people that will rant about this and that will have very little idea about coding or the effort it takes. I dont know a lot about coding but I know enough to know not to be harsh about something I couldn't do myself. :rolleyes:

I remember playing a version of this game on my Windows PC that had price charts and everything, and you could fly around the world instead of just bus around the city. I can't seem to find it, but now I really want to try that version of the game again. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

zodttd posted on Dec 24 2006 at 12:23 AM said:
Thanks Sebastian! I'm trying it out now! :)
I like how you started from scratch. Good strategy there, and if you ever need help with it...don't be afraid to ask! I love trading sims.

This game really has me happy. :)
Thanks for all the replies guys :) I'll release the source with the next release (under GPL or whatever) when I clean up the code. I'll probably make some cosmetic changes too :p

Are there any specific changes people would like too see? Perhaps an option I missed?

Thanks again,

-Seb

Back