Gngeo V0.6.12c (beta!)

Uh...this doesn't work for me (Along with the latest Rage2X). Loading games just results in the GP2X resetting; I copied over the gngeo file (Which was smaller than the version before this beta) and it didn't work. I tried deleting everything and installing the non-beta GNGEO then replacing it with this beta but it still doesn't load roms for me.

Uh...this doesn't work for me (Along with the latest Rage2X). Loading games just results in the GP2X resetting; I copied over the gngeo file (Which was smaller than the version before this beta) and it didn't work. I tried deleting everything and installing the non-beta GNGEO then replacing it with this beta but it still doesn't load roms for me.

it's strange :/

i keep getting the same error you described ... the gp2x loads then resets.
strange thing is that the small roms are working while the bigger don't work anymore.

EDIT: i finally found the reason for this mess.

1) i changed the settings back to arcade and not unibios (not sure it has anything to do with this problem)
2) you have to redo your dumps using the latest dumpgfx and to do it on your computer since it seems to fail from within gngeo2x.

by the way, thank you Pepone (no to mention Squidge) !
the speed increase is just awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting a problem with some graphical glitching on Baseball Stars 2 with this release, happens on the right of the screen, graphics mess up at times... didn't happen on previous releases :(

Getting a problem with some graphical glitching on Baseball Stars 2 with this release, happens on the right of the screen, graphics mess up at times... didn't happen on previous releases :(

I have always had graphical errors on the right-hand side. Anyone else ?

Hi everyone!

First of all, great work on this emulator, things are coming along nicely. I just got my GP2X a few days ago and it looks like I got in at just the right time.

I dunno how many of you guys have played a lot of Neo Geo on the actual hardware, but I used to collect (expensive hobby!) so I can point out a few bugs I've noticed.

I think the most noticable bug is in sound, the volume on the different instruments isn't working correctly. For example, boot up Neo Turfmasters and the cymbal crash is about 3x times as loud as it should be, but the selection SFX (moving to different golfers) is too low.

I'm also pretty sure (but not 100%) that there is something missing from the actual foreground during the main shot setup screen, I believe this problem existed in NeoRage on PC. But I'm also pretty sure I remember this being mentioned (some parallax problem) already.

I can't seem to get Bust a Move working, doesn't show the Neo Geo logo or title screens or anything. Probably a corrupt rom on my part though.

Lastly TV out only shows the right half of the screen for me. PS is there any fix for the placement of the TV out cable? I have to like bend it back to get anything to show up on my tv.

Hi everyone!

First of all, great work on this emulator, things are coming along nicely. I just got my GP2X a few days ago and it looks like I got in at just the right time.

I dunno how many of you guys have played a lot of Neo Geo on the actual hardware, but I used to collect (expensive hobby!) so I can point out a few bugs I've noticed.

I think the most noticable bug is in sound, the volume on the different instruments isn't working correctly. For example, boot up Neo Turfmasters and the cymbal crash is about 3x times as loud as it should be, but the selection SFX (moving to different golfers) is too low.
indeed, sound is the weakest point of gngeo. I'm planning to rewrite it since the very begining (2000 :eek:) but lack of time and documentation on the ym2610 make it harder.
I'm also pretty sure (but not 100%) that there is something missing from the actual foreground during the main shot setup screen, I believe this problem existed in NeoRage on PC. But I'm also pretty sure I remember this being mentioned (some parallax problem) already.
I have to say that I didn't understand quite well the issue (must be my bad english :lol: )
I can't seem to get Bust a Move working, doesn't show the Neo Geo logo or title screens or anything. Probably a corrupt rom on my part though.

Lastly TV out only shows the right half of the screen for me. PS is there any fix for the placement of the TV out cable? I have to like bend it back to get anything to show up on my tv.
Yes I'm aware of this problem. I still have to find how to fix it. But it work well if you use Rage2x

Somebody, please, tell me what exactly means "latest dumpgfx"? Is it version from 09-Jun-2006 (http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/)? I only have Windows and Mac (sorry - no Linux), so I downloaded that dumpgfx, but it can't dump encrypted roms, such as Metal Slug 3. Is all right with it? How you can dum it then?

I found solution here: [REMOVED BY ADMIN; SUSPENDED FOR 7 DAYS! NEXT TIME - BAN! MORE INFO: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=a...;f=41&id=27], but how can I make it by myself?

You should edit your posts containing the links to the rom and the link to the torrent site. Links containing illegal things aren't allowed here. And I think that most of the people here know the torrent page you linked to, it is even created by members of this forum.

But thanks for the link to Snk Vs. Capcom anyway ;)

You guys above know that you aren't allowed to link to WAREZ and ROMZ here right? Stuff like that is what e-mail and PMs are for.

This site can be shut down because of this. Prepare to get whacked by the mods ;)

Bring out... the BaBaBAN HAMMER!
banhammer.jpg

Back