Dos & windows games advice please

pubzombie

Hi all,

I have been happy bangin away on my Panny with Vice & UAE4ALL since it arrived summertime.

I have got the old D&D classics like Baldur's running and now want to get some old windows/dos game going.

Just wondering what the difference is between the different dosBox's and Qemu?

One of the games I want to try running is Fallout and then Conquest of the New World. I think I should be using Qemu for these?

Thanks for your time - never used dosBox before.

Pz

Hi, I can´t tell about Qemu yet but DosBox, thanks to the Pandora keyboard, runs exactly like the DOS PC.

However, I have evaded games that need a mouse so far. You possibly have to load a mouse driver (like back then, when it was in autoexec.bat) but some people have reported mouse problems.

My old jump and runs from the mid 90ies run perfectly.

Dosbox EX is the best form of dosbox, the only issue is that it uses EX launcher where it wants you to make config files for each game. I got around this by making a "game" that unmounts the default C drive and allows you to set your own.

Only use Qemu if you need windows9x

thanks to the Pandora keyboard, runs exactly like the DOS PC.
Literally. There's been a lot of confusion about this, but the keyboard mapping is directly to a full size keyboard. For example, on the Pandora you have : as fn> but on your desktop keyboard it is shift; right? So in DosBox in order to get a : you need to press shift-fn-<

A little confusing but works.

Just started playing this..

looks need..

SNIP ~ Abandonware not allowed here

mmm can`t seem to get the menu working in game.. can`t picking anything up or examine..

found the manual which says it uses mouse ( left click and right click )

Is the mouse in dosboxfe configured strangely?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back