Release DosBox EX v4 - Release

I don't want a new discussion about StreaKs way of distributing his apps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read through a few of the threads concerning Streaks ports and it will pop up at some point.

Like Mcobit, I don't think it is really necessary to derail this thread with another discussion.

@ Streak, great work on all your ports, I have not got round to trying this version of DosBox yet, but look forward to it.

Is there any chance that your launcher can be made to work without having to change the .EXE file names?

Last edited by a moderator:
That really is a shame. He put so much work and time into his ports and now they're all gone?

Guess I should have downloaded the ones I wanted to try right when they were released ... on the other hand without a Pandora and the sometimes rapid updates it didn't seem practical.

Yeah, maybe he should have asked some people here if they wanted to maintain them or release the source, that built for him in the toolchain, so others could pick up his work, when he leaves.

Private reasons are always understandable. Hope we hear from him again.

I was really hoping for a quick upload/download of this once until i get my Pandora soon :) p.s im new here and this is my very first post here too ;) lol

I am just starting to use the possibilities of this gem and now i have to read this. o_O

Anyway: Does anyone here know, if i can use multisession-images like BIN as well?

I would like to play some games that use Audio-Tracks and .ISO does not seem to handle this.

Don't worry, the dev is back in the fold.

Hopefully he will update this at some point.

1) Anyone else has issues on the touchscreen coordinates? I always get my stylus off a few pixels up versus its actual position. Very annoying for games with small menus.

2) To make things worse, nubs don't work well either. I have no issued within Angstrom, but in this Dosbox version I seem to hit an invisible "wall" whenever I try to move in any direction: for example, after moving a dozen pixels on the right, suddenly I cannot move any further while the screen edge is still far. Moving up and down and left work, but while I keep trying moving right, I always hit the said "wall".

Using the d-pad as a mouse replacement is far from practical. I hope someone can provide advice or solutions!

Thanks.

1) Anyone else has issues on the touchscreen coordinates? I always get my stylus off a few pixels up versus its actual position. Very annoying for games with small menus.

2) To make things worse, nubs don't work well either. I have no issued within Angstrom, but in this Dosbox version I seem to hit an invisible "wall" whenever I try to move in any direction: for example, after moving a dozen pixels on the right, suddenly I cannot move any further while the screen edge is still far. Moving up and down and left work, but while I keep trying moving right, I always hit the said "wall".

Using the d-pad as a mouse replacement is far from practical. I hope someone can provide advice or solutions!

Thanks.
I got the same.

Thanks.
I got the same.

So, no solution in sight ?

Back