Dott Crash

BraveBruce

Still Fresh
Hiya,

I am using ScummVM to play DOTT. It plays perfectly, apart from one small glitch...

When you tell Hoagie to wash the carriage with soapy water, the game crashes. How can I get past this? Is there a way to fix it? Can I play that sequence on my PC and then continue on my GP2X? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

BraveBruce posted on Feb 10 2007 at 09:18 PM said:
Hiya,

I am using ScummVM to play DOTT. It plays perfectly, apart from one small glitch...

When you tell Hoagie to wash the carriage with soapy water, the game crashes. How can I get past this? Is there a way to fix it? Can I play that sequence on my PC and then continue on my GP2X? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Can you try this version here and let me know if it sorts that issue (or rather hacks around it).

Saves made in this version will not be compatible with the upcoming GP2X 0.9.1a release so BACK THEM UP and this is not a 'proper' release just a version to see if it fixes your issue (so there are other bugs, this is just a test to see if one specific problem is fixed).

If it fixes the problem I will make sure the fix is in the 0.9.1a test release I am doing in a few days.

It is also worth noting that I tend to keep a much closer eye on the ports official forum here these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also came across an annoying glitch within monkey island two though. I am not sure if this has been mentioned before as I am obviously on the road atm and do not have constant internet access to idle on the forum :D

In monkey island two, when who are on elaine´s party and try to grab the map (that is the hard version of the game btw) and it goes flying out the window off to the shore of the island, I experience a similar bug as the one described before. It seems that when i try to enter the scene at the shore of the island, the program crashes. I would assume that might be a similar glitch. DJWillis, pls have a look into that aswell. I am really enjoying your port a lot! It has given me some good laughs on my trip through europe when there was not much to do and not much fun at all (no money, rain, freezingly cold in my little tent somewhere in little brittanny and I am there playing monkey island 2 on my gp2x lol)

xnopasaranx posted on Feb 11 2007 at 11:32 AM said:
I also came across an annoying glitch within monkey island two though. I am not sure if this has been mentioned before as I am obviously on the road atm and do not have constant internet access to idle on the forum :D

In monkey island two, when who are on elaine´s party and try to grab the map (that is the hard version of the game btw) and it goes flying out the window off to the shore of the island, I experience a similar bug as the one described before. It seems that when i try to enter the scene at the shore of the island, the program crashes. I would assume that might be a similar glitch. DJWillis, pls have a look into that aswell. I am really enjoying your port a lot! It has given me some good laughs on my trip through europe when there was not much to do and not much fun at all (no money, rain, freezingly cold in my little tent somewhere in little brittanny and I am there playing monkey island 2 on my gp2x lol)

Hiya,

Try the above fix and let me know, it should sort the MI1/MI2 bugs also.

John

DJ, It works fine now. So, before I continue, do I just wait for it be released 'oficially'?

BraveBruce posted on Feb 11 2007 at 02:50 PM said:
DJ, It works fine now. So, before I continue, do I just wait for it be released 'oficially'?

Well now I know the fix works I will release a 0.9.1a test release on my site tonight (or over the next few days as I am a little busy). Saves from that version will be compatible with 0.9.1 both ways so you’re free to play on with the game without issue using the 0.9.1a test release.

John

Back