Double Twist Media Player

HackModford

I have no idea... but does any body think it would be possible to port the double twist android media player to the pandora?
Is it even open source?
I was thinking it would be nice to be able to sync like an iPod.

HackModford said:
I have no idea... but does any body think it would be possible to port the double twist android media player to the pandora?
Is it even open source?

I'm not sure you need to port the player in order to sync content between the host (pc or mac) and a client (pandora). I assume this is what you're trying to do. It looks like you can extend the device capabilities of the doubletwist host with a simple xml file (extend doubletwist) and specify the folders on the client where you want doubletwist to sync to. Then you could use whatever player you wanted to play the content. Sounds really cool - I'd love to have an itunes clone on my mac that wasn't tied to the itunes store.

Last edited by a moderator:
bnair said:
HackModford said:
Is it even open source?

I'm not sure you need to port the player in order to sync content between the host (pc or mac) and a client (pandora). I assume this is what you're trying to do. It looks like you can extend the device capabilities of the doubletwist host with a simple xml file (extend doubletwist) and specify the folders on the client where you want doubletwist to sync to. Then you could use whatever player you wanted to play the content. Sounds really cool - I'd love to have an itunes clone on my mac that wasn't tied to the itunes store.

I'm talking about the android double twist player.
Yes you can sync with anything... just did! got all my favorite tunes over to the pandora... It's just with the doubletwist player I could keep all the ratings playcounts, etc. intact and sync them with iTunes and my iPod

Last edited by a moderator:
Back