Download Pyra Debian OS (WIP)

The .xinitrc may only be sourced during bootup, if at all. I just have that xmodmap command in my user's .profile.

So will there be a Pandora/Pyra compatibility layer? Like some optional deb that installs all hf / sf dependencies?

Is it a lot of work and difficult to make hardfloat drivers and how to find out which Pandora models support hardfloat SGX?
There is nothing to make, it's closed sourced. From what I understand it may just be the CC units affected.. I'm going on some hearsay, someone like notaz may have a better understanding of the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OMAP5 EVM kernel in the image seems to be lacking aufs, and the loop module isn't being loaded on bootup.

Apart from that, TrashyMG created a dbp package of Opentyrian, which I could get to launch on my pandora running the debian image (after installing libsdl-net1.2 that is..)

^Hah, I edited myself when I realized that and you caught me...

I need sleep..

Since it's hardfp, no compiled pandora software will work on it. In the future, some compatiility may be provided by a chroot or simlar, but it is not in place in this image.

My wifi detection works, but I could not connect to anything. After selecting a network, I immediately get a disconnection notification.
I installed the system on my Pandora and I had the same problem. The fix, for me, was to edit the connection using the NetworkManager dialog to specify the security details for the network. For some reason, the system was not prompting for this automatically. Not sure why.

I was quite impressed with this version of Debian on the Pandora, by the way. I've been using Pandian for almost a year but I am tempted to move over to this version as I am much more comfortable with the testing version than Sid...

^

To fix networkmanager issues just install gnome-keyring. there seems to be a bit of things not installed by default that should be.

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-keyring

My wifi detection works, but I could not connect to anything. After selecting a network, I immediately get a disconnection notification.
I installed the system on my Pandora and I had the same problem. The fix, for me, was to edit the connection using the NetworkManager dialog to specify the security details for the network. For some reason, the system was not prompting for this automatically. Not sure why.

I was quite impressed with this version of Debian on the Pandora, by the way. I've been using Pandian for almost a year but I am tempted to move over to this version as I am much more comfortable with the testing version than Sid...
I solved it by installing gnome-keyring and its dependancies. Try that and everything should work as intended.

Edit: Trashy beat me to it.

Thanks TrashyMG and edgex004. I'll install gnome-keyring next time I boot up this version of Debian.

Is it possible to fully encrypt the Pyra? I'm completly new to Linux/Ubuntu so I dont know.

Do I have to completly format and reinstall the OS to do so?

Back