Dragonbox Pyra Discord : REBORN

Kippykip

BFG 9000
Website
kippykip.com
I didn't like how short lived @Wally 's discord channel lasted due to complaints that we could just use the IRC.
But I think it's a great idea as with discord, we can post screen-shots of our projects and have a voice chat to discuss everything!

So I've created a large number of channels based on certain topics:

capture.png

Hopefully that's organised enough! :cool:

I've also added some emotions to the server, more can be added overtime of course!:happy:
capture.png

Now if you're a forum Administrator/Moderator just PM me on this forum with your discord username and I'll give you the roles!

Have fun everyone!
https://discord.gg/zdCCtm9

I'm not sure how this works, but would it not dilute existing activities on this forum/IRC by having more channels available on different places?

Happy to be proven wrong though :)

Apologies for it being so short-lived. There was some developers who found it annoying and people popping into IRC complaining about it being non-free. Glad someone else took it on and would be happy to be part of this one :)

Well the main reason is for voice chat and screenshots which IRC doesn't support, but up to yall.
Apologies for it being so short-lived. There was some developers who found it annoying and people popping into IRC complaining about it being non-free. Glad someone else took it on and would be happy to be part of this one :)
Well even if it's non-free, you can still use Discord via open source web browsers :cool:

… There was some developers who found it annoying and people popping into IRC complaining about it being non-free. …
Guess we can complain about it being non-free here.

Mumble , tox, Linphone and Ring are better alternatives.

ED already has a Nextcloud and it is really trivial to add WebRTC support on it. Could even use jit.si for a similar, but other peoples server, no account videochat.

I suppose it's a lot easier just to CTRL+V a image directly into discord rather than upload to imgur or something and share the link onto an IRC, but that's my opinion anyways

FWIW, AtC shared a screenshot with us yesterday on IRC. I guess it needed him to upload it to his webserver first, but it proves it's possible on IRC ;)
I think there is a Pyra forum somewhere that should allow images to be shared, too.

As for voice, if people really want to speak to discuss things I guess that is a plus. If.

The pyras non-spying features as a solid bonus to any failure to value them as primary reasons to get one.
Tying into this discord network, with software that for the aforementioned ease of mind, cant be shipped on an actual pyra,
to talk to pyra users, is a non-starter.

The pyras non-spying features as a solid bonus to any failure to value them as primary reasons to get one.
Tying into this discord network, with software that for the aforementioned ease of mind, cant be shipped on an actual pyra,
to talk to pyra users, is a non-starter.

Nobody is asking for it to be shipped on a Pyra.. We just want to make it easier for people to chat..

Back