Dreamcast Problem

norm

aka kapakux89
Website
kapakux89.com
i received my dreamcast today all was fine it booted utopia and a backup of industrial spy operation espinage. so i turn it off and started to burn nesterDC and sonic adventure went back upstairs to try them out. they are both self boot disc's so i put in sonic and nothing, it just booted the bios so i tried nesterDC and same thing. so i tried boot utopia first but utopia didnt boot which really puzzled me as it was working a couple of hours before.

any ideas?

Maybe the laser somehow got dirtied up or something? Try using one of those laser cleaning CDs maybe.

By that logic, it should be working fine, it might just be being picky, you could try the trick I use when things stop selfbooting. Try to boot it, when you get taken back to the menu, press play over and over for a little while, then eject, try play a couple of more times, then close it and press play again, for some reason, I've had some success with that.

Definitely nothing wrong with those discs you're using. What are you using to burn the games to the cds? If you're not using Alcohol120% I suggest you use it. Also, turn down the burning speed from 52x. Sometimes this helps. It helped for me a few times while I was trying to get MSR to work after burning it onto countless discs.

i've figured out the problem. it won't boot my disc's if the lid is fully closed <_< if its slightly ajar then i have no problems. any suggest a way to fix this? i'd rather not hold it down while i play or as im doing now, place a shoe on it

norm said:
i've figured out the problem. it won't boot my disc's if the lid is fully closed <_< if its slightly ajar then i have no problems. any suggest a way to fix this? i'd rather not hold it down while i play or as im doing now, place a shoe on it
I have that too. Mine is just held down with tape :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar problem like that but after a while no matter what was playing (except audio cd's) after a while it would reset.

clarky2o2o said:
I had a similar problem like that but after a while no matter what was playing (except audio cd's) after a while it would reset.
Probably the power pin problem there too, the common solution to the reset bug is to open it up and push the pins back toward the connection points.

Mine does that too so now and then. Just smash the damn thing. It always works for me with any hardware :rolleyes:

NOTE: I'm not responsible for any damage your cause to yourself or the machine ;)

NoidZ said:
Mine does that too so now and then. Just smash the damn thing. It always works for me with any hardware :rolleyes:
NOTE: I'm not responsible for any damage your cause to yourself or the machine ;)

lol, it's too pretty to hit

norm said:
NoidZ said:

lol, it's too pretty to hit

Mine isn't pretty... I did an ugly paintjob. And ehm... How can I ever pretend it's a woman? Maybe it's even nicer. It has a lot more holes then a woman, I can take it anywhere without arguing and you even can unplug it. But the thing is... it makes a lot of noise when I use the damn thing and it won't listen to me if I say my parents are asleep. But the worst part is, it doesn't even look or act like a woman so at that point I think I have the right to become a little bit angry and violent, because it's obviously not a girl and believe me, I would never hit a girl until she hits my Dreamcast. Cause only I have the right it hit it, which makes smashing it a lot more fun.

Back