Drmd

garethp1745

Still Fresh
I've got a pile of sega roms(merged) and I'd like to put them into DrMD to use but I don't know if it'll like them? Will this support be included in the next version?

Gareth

Just tried it with desert strike didn't worked zipped with 7zip and has 5 copies of the .gen file each with a different version. got as far as loading rom. I'm running firmware 2.0 on a first edition GP2x

Gareth

BobBorakovitz posted on Sep 4 2006 at 08:29 AM said:
un7zip them and zip them up normally 1 rom file per zip. NO 7Zip, it's NOT supported.

You can use the zipper from 7zip, it compresses zips a lot smaller on the highest settings...

7zip also allows scripting, so you can make a bat and compress each file at the highest settings individually...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku posted on Sep 4 2006 at 11:16 AM said:
BobBorakovitz posted on Sep 4 2006 at 11:15 AM said:
I use winrar, it does batch zipping, you can choose zip files and maximum compression. No scripting necessary.

But 7-zip is free and open source, with a Java version =D

to each their own, but I personally can't stand having to write a script when I can just easily click a few settings and be on with it. ;)

WinRar is shareware, but it'll work forever without registering it. You just have to click "OK" before using it if the time limit is expired. ;)

Shikaku posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:16 PM said:
BobBorakovitz posted on Sep 4 2006 at 11:15 AM said:
I use winrar, it does batch zipping, you can choose zip files and maximum compression. No scripting necessary.

But 7-zip is free and open source, with a Java version =D
7-zip owns :)

7-zip is dodgy at handling rars sometimes, in my experience anyway. I'm sure the fanboys will reply and say they've never had any problems :p

subcon959 posted on Sep 4 2006 at 08:51 PM said:
7-zip is dodgy at handling rars sometimes, in my experience anyway. I'm sure the fanboys will reply and say they've never had any problems :p
I never had any problems.

lol... why is the first post saying that DrMD supports merged romsets? And why does that bother nobody? Merged romsets are not supported by DrMD...
Although BobBorakovitz and Shikaku are implying that it isn`t supported. Infact I know of no genesis or snes emulator or any emulator but arcade emus that support merged sets.

Shikaku posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:20 PM said:
Because you aren't using standard zip files....

that's what you get for suggesting 7zip to a newbie! Keep it simple for 'em! ;)

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 4 2006 at 04:11 PM said:
lol... why is the first post saying that DrMD supports merged romsets? And why does that bother nobody? Merged romsets are not supported by DrMD...
Although BobBorakovitz and Shikaku are implying that it isn`t supported. Infact I know of no genesis or snes emulator or any emulator but arcade emus that support merged sets.

are you crazy?! here's what i wrote, read it again! "un7zip them and zip them up normally 1 rom file per zip. NO 7Zip, it's NOT supported."

zip them up normally 1 rom file per zip means NO MERGED ROMS, wtf?!

Shikaku posted on Sep 4 2006 at 04:37 PM said:
subcon959 posted on Sep 4 2006 at 02:51 PM said:
7-zip is dodgy at handling rars sometimes because I pirate a lot of things, mostly hentai

I've only had 1 problem of this, and it had to do with a download I had...

that is just wrong man... because he doesn't care for 7zip you're going to trash him?!
You imply that he's a pirate and likes hentai you quoted him then edited it to sound bad?!
Do you have proof of that or are you just trying to be an ass? I think you're just being an ass.

it's starting to look like we have another dick here, yay...

PS - with a name like Shikaku, it sounds like you're an anime freak, that's not much better than liking hentai :p

BobBorakovitz posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:59 PM said:
that is just wrong man... because he doesn't care for 7zip you're going to trash him?!
You imply that he's a pirate and likes hentai you quoted him then edited it to sound bad?!
Do you have proof of that or are you just trying to be an ass? I think you're just being an ass.

It's not that he doesn't care for 7-zip, it's just that the only dodgy RAR archive I've ever gotten was a 10 in 1 PS2 game that was RARed... and that is quite dodgy just by the premise. I had to install WinRAR to unpack it.

Also most hentai packs (check torrents, especially the site that starts with ISO) are in RARs.

BobBorakovitz posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:59 PM said:
PS - with a name like Shikaku, it sounds like you're an anime freak, that's not much better than liking hentai :p

<-- Anime person that actually knows a good amount of Japanese.

Also hates hentai with fervor. God, I can't stand that shit, especially the shows that usually revolve around it...

Plus, my dicketry only comes out when you deserve it. When I mess with your quotes, I'm rarely serious...

Shikaku posted on Sep 4 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
It's not that he doesn't care for 7-zip, it's just that the only dodgy RAR archive I've ever gotten was a 10 in 1 PS2 game that was RARed... and that is quite dodgy just by the premise. I had to install WinRAR to unpack it.

Also most hentai packs (check torrents, especially the site that starts with ISO) are in RARs.

Well, it sounds to me like you're the pirate and the hentai addict. You just admitted to downloading a PS2 game, and now you admit to looking through hentai. You even know where to go download it. What's up with that?

And most things you get off of torrents are packed in .RAR, so you make no sense whatsoever.

Back