Release DS emulator ?

JBD

Still Fresh
hi there,

I searched the board for my answer but found no thread. So my question. Will there be a working
NDS emulator for the pandora and if yes will it (or is it possible) support the touchscreen?

There is allready a list of Emulators that are/might be made, as for a NDS emu, granted the rule of thumb is that the machine that does the emulation needs to be 6x faster the the one being emulated.

so a pandora at 600-900mhz is in theory fast enough to run a ds emu dont mean one will or can be made, this is somthing that only time can tell, after the first batch has been released (shipped).

but for the time just go with no.

KuroSaru said:
There is allready a list of Emulators that are/might be made, as for a NDS emu, granted the rule of thumb is that the machine that does the emulation needs to be 6x faster the the one being emulated.

I thought there was a rule of thumb as well, but I was very wrong. That "6x" number can vary significantly based on the device you're emulating, anywhere between -nx and nx. ;)

REAL answer: yes, with the pandora, and a strong community, yes i truly believe its on the way. in fact, i believe any game/app/OS the Pandora is physically capable of running is possible, open source or otherwise. it all depends on the pandora getting enough attention to amass a following like the xbox mod community. if we can get that (or better), the sky's the limit.

KuroSaru said:

so a pandora at 600-900mhz is in theory fast enough to run a ds emu dont mean one will or can be made, this is somthing that only time can tell, after the first batch has been released (shipped).

but for the time just go with no.

The so called "rule of thumb" is whatever multiplier number the person feels like saying that demonstrates their point, unfortunately your post shows this :\ The reality of the situation is much more complicated than that (as for what you would need for an "ideal" emulator given particular compatibility requirements)

Well if the sgx takes over the emulator graphic i bet this nintendo ds emulator would fly up in fps. ( if it would be possible ofc)

Back