Ds Question (where To Order Uk)

The Mole

I want to pre order myself a Nintendo Ds but do not want to get hit by customs charges.

So far i have been reccomended videogamesplus.ca

However coming from Canada their is always a risk.

Has anybody found anywhere in the Uk that will be selling the unit and games yet?

gbax?

Sounds good as its just over the other side of town (would be handy if i could order one and i knew a rough price).

They need to get a more central location i am sure they would get plenty passing trade from retro fanatics like myself :)

Demand will be tough to meet, if prices are pushed too high i'm just going to wait and get some maybe a week or 2 later when things have died down, notice that even though the official price has been published by nintendo nowhere is actually allowing pre-orders to be placed at that price (outside the usa).

I'm not the only one who suspects the $149.99 price will translate in europe to £149.99! But you never know ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Craig a couple of sites have pre orders up.

lik-sang has jap ones up, and i think play-asia do also.

videogamesplus.ca and ebworld.com also have them up.

I would gladly pay a bit extra to get one ASAP, i am willing to pay about £120-£130 inc postage.

Nowhere has real pre-orders with prices, just a sort of 'register your interest' approach.

We can set that up, we will do our very best to get some in stock on the day of release, I have a few tricks up my sleve for this ;)

Thanks,

Craig

Well Craig i am willing to put my faith in you and the GBAx team (Debs :) )

As you were so dam helpfull with my GP32 and the service was top class. I do not mind paying a bit more for the better service.

Have you ever thought about opening a games store in town? You would make a killing, if i am still looking for a reliable import/retro store in Newcastle when i finish Uni i am going to give it a go.

PS all the sites will proberly launch the full pre orders after the DS press conference on the 8th ( i think it is)

Shadow of Chaos posted on Sep 27 2004 at 06:32 AM said:
The DS is not going to have a link function? no way to connect it to the pc.. or get files onto a card, ever? Doh..
So, most GBA flash cards don't use the link cable to connect, they have little card writers like that:
FALxtream.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell you where:

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/

Right, I've ordered off these in the past. Cheap as hell, free shipping worldwide - no VAT, not tax. Great stuff.

However, although I ordered my first GBA from them and paid no shipping or tax, I wont guarantee it with the DS, so you never know.

Thye're quite slow though - probablly up to 2 weeks after release date you'll have it. (although I notice it says with courier on the DS page, so all what I said might be Fish).

only £108.

Ha they will NEVER get my custom, they have messed me about something awful in the past.

I will get it from GBAx when they put them up.

Really. I've ordered so much stuff off them in the past and never had one problem. Ever.

I dont reckon GBAx will be as cheap as them - even if by the off chance you have to pay VAT and tax.

They could not even get a simple GBA pre order right.

I gave them another chance with an instock game and still waited over 4 weeks for it.

If i had kknown i would have just used tronixweb.

Back