Dsp Dummies Book

jadon

Still Fresh
Website
beagleboard.org
Perhaps I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone talk about the new "Dummies Book" that describes how to program for the DSP on the Pandora. "OMAP™ & DaVinci™ Software for Dummies" is being given away for free (while supplies last) at http://www.ti.com/dummiesbook. Codec Engine and Link are also now part of the Angstrom Distribution of Linux and the book includes an eval MPEG4 codec. (More codecs to be available in future.) Hope this is helpful.

jadon said:
Perhaps I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone talk about the new "Dummies Book" that describes how to program for the DSP on the Pandora. "OMAP™ & DaVinci™ Software for Dummies" is being given away for free (while supplies last) at http://www.ti.com/dummiesbook. Codec Engine and Link are also now part of the Angstrom Distribution of Linux and the book includes an eval MPEG4 codec. (More codecs to be available in future.) Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for that, i think i ordered a copy. should be very helpful :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got mine on Thursday. :)

It seems more like a how to install and run than a learning tool for C64x though. It's not what I expected.

MWeston said:
I just got mine on Thursday. :)

It seems more like a how to install and run than a learning tool for C64x though. It's not what I expected.

Well it might be of use to me then, it says for dummies :rolleyes:

But what about that codec?

I got mine Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't remember the exact day. Its not really what I expected either, but it does give some valuable advice. I've downloaded the referenced code and latest dvsdk, and have been trying some stuff out.

Hopefully we can do some codecs for Pandora in the future. mp3, ogg and xvid codecs would be very nice to relieve processing power from the cortex.

Just ordered my copy, thanks for the link!

Still wish that the Rev C BeagleBoard was released so that I could order one and actually get down to some coding...

Squidge said:
I got mine Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't remember the exact day. Its not really what I expected either, but it does give some valuable advice. I've downloaded the referenced code and latest dvsdk, and have been trying some stuff out.

Hopefully we can do some codecs for Pandora in the future. mp3, ogg and xvid codecs would be very nice to relieve processing power from the cortex.
Agreed, not quite what I expected but a good book for the shelf.

There are some interesting little bits in there I want to try when I get some free time.

Back