Dual Processor Utilization

AdonusX

Still Fresh
are there any emulators that actually utilize the dual core of the processor for the GP2X? ..in all honesty, if they did, they would be able to blow psp out of the water with raw processor speed... unless I am reading into single-core/dual-core incorrectly...

Lets not bother mentioning that the PSP has two FASTER cores, and the PSP's second core is also much less crippled than the 940t used in the GP2x SoC. Just being realistic the GP2x does NOT have the potential to outdo the PSP. That said I will never get a PSP simply due to the homebrew community, the GP console community is easily the best.

sam fisher said:
Lets not bother mentioning that the PSP has two FASTER cores, and the PSP's second core is also much less crippled than the 940t used in the GP2x SoC. Just being realistic the GP2x does NOT have the potential to outdo the PSP. That said I will never get a PSP simply due to the homebrew community, the GP console community is easily the best.

oh, I thought the psp had a single core processor... guess I will have to go back and do more research :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Retroid said:
antaresuk said:
i have a PSP and the battery life sucks

In all honesty it sucks less than the GP2X's battery life.

/Wishes there was a lith-ion battery compatible with a 2xAA battery bay
Huh? Battery life on my PSP = 3 hours, battery life on my gp2x = 4 - 6 hours.

Last edited:
Retroid said:
antaresuk said:

1 - Go and get 2700 mAh SANYO and get 5+ hourse of battery life.

2 - It's cheaper to buy 2 extra AA batteries and cary in your pocket.

3 - If your PSP's battery dead then you will be sorry when you throw your $$$s.

EvilDragon said:
Retroid said:
antaresuk said:

Huh? Battery life on my PSP = 3 hours, battery life on my gp2x = 4 - 6 hours.

...Have you cut your hair? :eek:

Jarska333 said:
...Have you cut your hair? :eek:
Haha, nope, and I don't think I'll do that within the next two centuries ;)
Just looks weird :)
Picture taken at a rock festival :)

Last edited:
PSP battery life for me hovers around 5-6 hours. Also, PlayAsia do reasonable deals on higher capacity PSP batteries.

GP2X is around 3-4, although granted that's on 2300 batteries which I plan to upgrade from.

I do still want a lith-ion AA replacement, though :)

sam fisher said:
Akuma_no_Houkon, those batteries are lackluster in performance.
Nooo, it says on them they were designed specifically for the GP2X. If we can't trust cheap stickers what else can we trust?!

Alex. said:
sam fisher said:
Akuma_no_Houkon, those batteries are lackluster in performance.
Nooo, it says on them they were designed specifically for the GP2X. If we can't trust cheap stickers what else can we trust?!

Actually, they say on the silver:
RECHAGEABLE Battery
DESIGNED FOR GP2X
2500mAh
DO CO SUPER CHARGER 4HR
Caution: Do not dispose in fire or short circuit charge before use

My PSP's battery lasts much longer than my usual 2x's, in video, mp3 or playing master system emus (at least, which is what I do most of the time)
But that battery is much more expensive here, I can buy 8 cells of 2700mAh batteries with the money that I would have a single PSP 2200mAh (bigger than the standard) battery

Lint said:
My PSP's battery lasts much longer than my usual 2x's, in video, mp3 or playing master system emus (at least, which is what I do most of the time)
But that battery is much more expensive here, I can buy 8 cells of 2700mAh batteries with the money that I would have a single PSP 2200mAh (bigger than the standard) battery
Yeah the psp rechargeable battery is definitely last longer then the rechargeable gp2x batteries. The gp2x batteries die in like less than 2 hours if you emulate and oc. Well if you put those expensive 1 time use batteries that are made for things like digital camera it will get like 4 -6 hours easily. I have to say the best electronic hand held for battery length is the ds light and the ds that thing never needs to be recharged. The worst was the zodiac its internal battery was like 2 hours tops and then its need to be recharged so i have to say it was the worst.

Back