Dual video output

Christian

Still Fresh
Is the pandora capable of outputting two different video streams eg. one to the internal touchscreen and the other video stream to a external display (a TV for example).

A scenario. You are outputting a movie to a external TV and at the same time you want to be able to use the touchscreen for another task.

fischju said:
To board is technically capable of outputting 2 HD displays
No, it isn't. The OMAP has two video outputs - one digital (driving the LCD) and one analog that is intended for TV-out. I am led to believe that the analog TV output is essentially a S-video signal, and it is not capable of higher resolution.

Chip said:
fischju said:
No, it isn't. The OMAP has two video outputs - one digital (driving the LCD) and one analog that is intended for TV-out. I am led to believe that the analog TV output is essentially a S-video signal, and it is not capable of higher resolution.

On the TI page it says "Video Port (Configurable) 1 Dedicated Output,1 Dedicated Input"

and

Display Subsystem
Parallel Digital Output
Up to 24-Bit RGB
HD Maximum Resolution
Supports Up to 2 LCD Panels

Those specs are a bit misleading. It only supports two LCD displays if they are "smart" panels (see here). The "dedicated input" is digital - it is designed for the sort of signal you would get from an integrated CCD camera, like you would have on a cameraphone or webcam. It lacks the analog-to-digital converter that a composite video-in port would require.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which would explain why the Archos 5 docks have analog to digital converters.....

fischju said:
Which would explain why the Archos 5 docks have analog to digital converters.....

Brings up an interesting point could you hack an Archos dock to provide the analog to digital for the pandora

fischju said:
Chip said:
fischju said:

On the TI page it says "Video Port (Configurable) 1 Dedicated Output,1 Dedicated Input"

and

Display Subsystem
Parallel Digital Output
Up to 24-Bit RGB
HD Maximum Resolution
Supports Up to 2 LCD Panels
The OMAP3 has no video input. Has it? :|

xrl said:
The OMAP3 has no video input. Has it? :|

Chip said:
The "dedicated input" is digital - it is designed for the sort of signal you would get from an integrated CCD camera, like you would have on a cameraphone or webcam. It lacks the analog-to-digital converter that a composite video-in port would require.

The Archos 5 has docks which convert analog to digital allowing recording.

The OMAP 3 has 2 inputs IIRC (one CMOS, one CCD I think), but definently has 1. But the Pandora has none AFAIK. Except perhaps on the spare pads on the board itself...where you might be able to hack something. But that's if they are on the board...I'm hoping they are...

Back