Duke 3D control config help please

Disco Devil

Still Fresh
I have opened the eduke32 file in order to remap the controls, but don't really know what corresponds to what.. can someone help me here?

Ideally i would like the standard FPS control scheme: left nub - move, right nub - look (preferably inverted) right shoulder - shoot, Dpad weapon change etc

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have opened the eduke32 file in order to remap the controls, but don't really know what corresponds to what.. can someone help me here?

Ideally i would like the standard FPS control scheme: left nub - move, right nub - look (preferably inverted) right shoulder - shoot, Dpad weapon change etc

Thanks.

You can use the pandora nub configurator in settings to swith the right nub to mouse and left to buttons, then in the duke game configure the forwards and backwards and both side steps to the dpad. this will give you the same result, doing it this way you can customise the sensitivity for that game and save the profile. then just load it befor playing duke.

Thanks.

You can use the pandora nub configurator in settings to swith the right nub to mouse and left to buttons, then in the duke game configure the forwards and backwards and both side steps to the dpad. this will give you the same result, doing it this way you can customise the sensitivity for that game and save the profile. then just load it befor playing duke.

Thanks,

but can't i just map the controls in settings cfg or eduke32 cfg..? I changed the nub settings previously for something else, and i had a major headache everything went haywire & i would really like to try & avoid that happening again.

Thanks.

Thanks,

but can't i just map the controls in settings cfg or eduke32 cfg..? I changed the nub settings previously for something else, and i had a major headache everything went haywire & i would really like to try & avoid that happening again.

I Believe the Control mapping can be done directly in the game.

I Believe the Control mapping can be done directly in the game.
No, that doesn't work too well. Eduke32 allows the mouse, keyboard and joystick to be mapped. The mouse is, by default, assigned to the left nub instead of the right (which is preferable for mouse-look).

Eduke32 only reads from /dev/input/js0, i.e. the first joystick. It is unclear to me what is bound to this by default however the nubs tend to be /dev/input/js1 and /dev/input/js2 (unless additional external joysticks are attached). To make matters worse, the order depends on the order of switching the nubs to joystick mode. Sometimes /dev/input/js1 is the right nub and sometimes the left.

The easiest solution is to utilize my nub configurator. My latest version has added two "default" checkboxes to the joystick configuration which allows you to force /dev/input/js0 to point to one of the nubs. To make life easier, setup some keyboard combinations to quickly switch between nub configurations. E.g. on my unit CTRL+ALT+m goes to mouse mode and CTRL+ALT+j to joystick mode.

Let me know if you need some help setting that up.

-Caine.

Back