Duke Nukem 3D

Octoate

Since 3D Realms released the original source it would be great to have the coolest 3d action hero on the GP32 =)

Im not a huge fan of duke nukem 3d, but it would be nice to be able to play it on my gp32 every once and a while.

Duke - more complicated than Doom.

Would take months to do it.

Since 3D Realms released the original source it would be great to have the coolest 3d action hero on the GP32 =)

Yes! It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

I read somewhere that a linux port was being done using SDL, maybe we could use this once done to get Duke 3D on the GP32.

I Originally broke the news on Dukes Source code being released on the 1sy of April this year as it happens (and it was not a joke)

Looking good!

MrT

Having my favourite hero on my GP32 would be almost like a dream come true. PLLEEAASSEE somebody hear my cries and port Duke3D !! As far as I know most of the sourcecode has been already transfered to C. I did post the links to the various source codes here on another thread a couple of weeks ago. If somebody is really interested in porting this classic , let me know and I will find the links again and post them here.

A big problem would be system requirements. The transfer from the x86 assembly to C has caused quite a significant speed hit.

The guy who said he would re-spell it in C later said he'd have to learn it first - and what was an Assembler? So whilst he *may* yet learn enough to do the job, I suspect it'll be a looong time. Unless of course, you're thinking of a different guy, in which case, it could already have been done...

People have mentioned the SDL linux port - sound like it might be more doable than a straight port. hey - we could even wait for GP32 Linux and just use that one straight lol.

But either way, it'll be a while... whilst I'm not a coder, I do know one thing - ASM is a bitch to port.

Well, currently I am playing DN3D under Linux and checked out the icculus.org version. When I looked at the source code it seems to me that the game itself isn't the problem but the Build engine which uses a lot of assembler stuff.

Btw, do you think that the GP32 has enough power to do the job?

Back