Dust underneath screen

SlyStrife

Still Fresh
It seems that some debris has gotten underneath the actual acreen itself and not the screen protector. Is there an easy and safe way that I can clean it out? I think it happened because one of my speakers is missing padding (it was shipped to me like this).

I don't want to take it apart unless it's extremely easy and safe since I'll have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks guys!

It's possible that debris got under the touch layer, but I'd be surprised as I think that's pretty well bonded. And I'd expect that to affect touch screen behaviour, though I don't know exactly how it works.

Getting at the screen isn't too tricky, but there is a definite knack to it that's hard to teach. See ED's disassembly video (the first part), but the first time I did it I found getting the screen bezel out of the hinge a rather fraught affair, though in the end just wriggling it got it out eventually and it went back in significantly more easy. I've never taken the touch layer off the screen, though I hear others have.

I've never taken the touch layer off the screen, though I hear others have.
It's not that hard,

But if you remove the touch layer to clean the screen you'll end up with more dust between Touchscreen and LCD.

It's nearly impossible to get a 100% clear screen without a 100% environment.

So do you think it's worth the effort for me to clean it? Or should I just deal with it?

So do you think it's worth the effort for me to clean it? Or should I just deal with it?
For me it would be a too high risk to end up with even more dust.

Do you have access to a clean room or at least to some anti-static spray or cloth?

Also it depends on how disturbing it is for you.

^ The hard part is to disassemble the LCD from the case.  May it be the LCD cable or the inner lid or the case itself, I'm sure you will break something...

As much as it kills me... especially since there's a few specks in there and not just one; I'll just leave it alone. My house is dust haven, so it will pretty much be guaranteed that I'll end up getting more debris in there. Probably just better off buying a new console in the long run. XD

you could always send it for RMA and have Askarus replace the whole screen for you

you could always send it for RMA and have Askarus replace the whole screen for you
I could... I wonder if that would be worth the trouble though. Would I send it to Link instead since I live in the US?

best thing to do would be to PM Link personally. in my experience the RMA jobs are very proffessional i'd reccommend doing it, Askarus did a great repair job on my LCD cable. Afaik if they fuck up for some reason during the repair your still covered - if i were you i'd shoot Link a PM

I did, he can't help me since he doesn't have any LCDs and apparently there's a shortage of them right now. Bummer... :<

Back