Dvb-t On Pandora?

aatu

So, I was interested in this:
http://www.terratec.net/en/products/Cinerg...ranha_1668.html
Terratec Cinergy Piranha

I was just wondering how hard would it be to make it work in Pandora? I haven't even found any linux drivers for it yet. But the basic idea to have something that small to enable DVB-T on the go is just too thrilling to simply ignore...

Or does anybody have any other alternatives? Does the Pandora even have enough umph to do it? I tried searching for any other DVB related threads, but couldn't find any.

for any hope, it will need to support the DTV standard that I know atleast Dvico supports. I cant remember the name of the standard, but people used it to port divico chips to linux and crapple back in the day.

Anything with drivers should work according to this post by MWeston, since the USB port will be fully powered.

I haven't taken a deeper look at the specs but since the OMAP 3530 has hardware accelleration for a wide variety of modern formats (MPEG4, H264, Windows Media Video, RealVideo and more all at DVD resolution) I wouldn't consider it unlikely that it has MPEG-2 support as well, which would make DVB all the more likely as long as proper drivers can be produced/acquired.

I myself own a Terratec Cinergy DT XS which has experimental drivers available for Linux (which means a high likelyhood it will be possible to make it work on the Pandora), but only time will tell if the Pirahna gets the same love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back