Early "hackers" Pandora Idea!

HackModford

I was just thinking...

Could I get a pandora sooner if it arrived unassembled? I mean they send me the board, the screen, the screws etc. and I put it together! I don't know... just a thought.

Good point :D But you know... they did put "hacker's soldering tabs" so if I open the pandora up to use those does the warranty still cover that? I might be willing to risk a breach in warranty

They will test each unit before shipping, so it will be preassembled anyhow ;)

Awww es :rolleyes: excellent point... Oh well... BUT I CAN'T WAITE TO PORT THE EMU "1964" (if only I knew how to port!)

I would guess that the time between "it's time to start assembling your Pandora" and "it's time to ship your assembled and tested Pandora" is negligible, possibly 2 or 3 days. Is the few days earlier you would get it really worth the extra risk associated with self assembly?
Unless you were hoping for some kind of fast track to skip to the front of the line, and that hardly sounds fair to me :p

Awww :( you don't like the hacker's getting theirs first?

I wouldn't consider it unless I got it like a 2 weeks or a month earlier...

HackModford said:
Awww :( you don't like the hacker's getting theirs first?

I wouldn't consider it unless I got it like a 2 weeks or a month earlier...
Don't feel sad. I don't like anybody but me getting theirs first. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You crack me up :D Gotta me the best Board I've ever joined!

Well I was just trying to think of a way for some of us to get this thing sooner! I'm going to dream about it some more :rolleyes:

What's with all the South Park references today?

atomicthumbs said:
Opening your Pandora voids the warranty.
I remember reading (too lazy to find quote) that mods could be done without voiding the warranty, so long as the problem had nothing to do with the mod.

PlopperZ said:
What's with all the South Park references today?

atomicthumbs said:
Opening your Pandora voids the warranty.
I remember reading (too lazy to find quote) that mods could be done without voiding the warranty, so long as the problem had nothing to do with the mod.

Reasonable and makes sense. Why should they have to pay for your screw-ups. :lol:

@HackModford
How are you going to solder the OMAP processor to the board (it's not exactly easy)? If you want to get started early on porting you could always buy a Beagleboard.

Back