Easy Bluetooth Audio on the Pandora. Finally !

Great. I tried streaming via bluetooth many moons ago on my pandy- it did not work. Bluetooth fully operational on Pyra sounds good.

Well I posted this in the comments of the Article too...

It works well on the Kodi PND, you just need to specify the BT Audio device in Settings -> System -> Audio Output

I was watching youtube videos and tried some music and regular video files for a few hours without issues.

The bluetooth functionality of my Pandora has been fairly well used; connecting keyboards and joysticks mainly. But I've not used it to connect headphones or speakers, it's true.

What is the max reach (in meters) of the bluetooth connection of the Pandora? Might be interested in buying a headphone.

I use Bluetooth pretty often to send/receive files from my phone (btrecv pnd) pretty handy since the Pandora can't USB tether with my phone, and I don't know how to directly WiFi tether

What is the max reach (in meters) of the bluetooth connection of the Pandora? Might be interested in buying a headphone.

I get something like 4-5 meters with no problem, when I get further away there is an increased chance of stutters. I guess it depends a lot on your place and whether you have other networks around making interferences.

Thanks - max range probably also depends on the quality of the headphone. Wasn't planning on buying an expensive one - I will only occasionally use it for spoken words (talk radio, video, audiobooks).
Pandora has bt v2 but I have a v4 dongle as well that I could use.
Will it be better to buy v4 headphones? Keep in mind I don't need excellent audio quality, battery life and max range are more important.
Currently planning on buying this one http://www.dx.com/p/mini-503-bluetooth-v2-1-edr-stereo-behind-the-neck-headphone-black-215667
Will that be good enough for my purposes?

Here's a quick tutorial as well as a demonstration in video of how to make Bluetooth audio work on Pandora with the new 1.74 firmware.

View attachment 28113
>> Continue Reading
Sorry to revive this, but is there any chance for the original article to be recovered? I really desperately want to use bluetooth headphones with my Pandora but I can't figure out how

Amazing, thank you so much!! Been enjoying the Pandora with my BT speakers and headset a lot.

I found some trouble with getting root permission to modify the config file in Mousepad. So, for anyone coming across this post looking for answers to the same problem, make yourself root in Terminal, and if you still can't save the modified asound.conf, change the ownership of the file by entering sudo chown username:root /etc/asound.conf or something like that (you can look up chown stuff elsewhere). After that, go into the properties of the file and change the read/write permissions. Edit and save the bluetooth changes, then make it root-accessible only again by entering the chown command again with root:root instead of username:root. If this is an inelegant solution, I apologise, I had to put it all together myself, but at least it gets over the root/permissions problem!

In my experience, it's important to remember your user password in linux or the root password if you don't use sudoers. I've never found a file I can't edit under sudo fwiw, but maybe I've been lucky so far.

FWIW, sudo is a way of making yourself temporarily root in linux and other unixes.

Back