Easy Bluetooth Headphone Solution

That is not how ED said it should work. That did not work for me. When I did the above, the sound came out the P speakers. With all due respect, if this "solution" requires you to have two astound.conf files and swap between them, it is actually worse than what I posted since my solution works with a user folder rather than a system folder.  As I've followed your instructions, I don't understand how it is not working for me.

Did you try Audacious?

My asound.conf looks a bit different

pcm.!default {

type plug

slave.pcm  "bluetooth"

}

and at the end there is

pcm.bluetooth {

type bluetooth

}

Right, you are making bluetooth the default output, so you have to swap asound.conf files to go between bluetooth and speakers. I accomplish the same thing with my script using the .asoundrc files. In my opinion, preferable to use a user folder rather than the system folder. In ED's solution, I think it was intended to create another device that could be selected without having to swap asound.conf files. The problem seems to be for me that the device entry is created, but not the device file under dev, so when I try to select the BT device, Deadbeef does nothing, VLC at least gives an error saying there is not BT device file or folder. If ED is going to add any asound file swapping solution into the OS, I think that is a mistake. I think he is on the right track with a single, correctly configured asound.conf.

That is not how ED said it should work.

it is actually worse than what I posted since my solution works with a user folder rather than a system folder.
Ain't tried ED's method yet so can't comment on it + your solution also doesn't let you change tracks without the player crashing, so I hope you don't mind but i'm going to stick with the solution i'm currently using.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me there is no solution with the user folder. Only the solution with the system folder works for me. For switching between bt and speaker I use a simple script and a terminal command.

Would be great if this works out-of-the-box and automatic. Maybe later...

For me there is no solution with the user folder. Only the solution with the system folder works for me. For switching between bt and speaker I use a simple script and a terminal command.

Would be great if this works out-of-the-box and automatic. Maybe later...
Same for me - only changing the files in the /etc/ folder worked - at least if I want to user DeadBeef or Audacious...

Back