Easy Overclocking

deadlychicken22 posted on Aug 12 2005 at 10:03 PM said:
Yay! It worked! Now it can go to 166mhz. Anything higher in DrMD and I immediatly get a black screen. Should I try more lead or will this just hurt it?

Hi,

for myself i would try with a little bit more but, i don't want to be responsible if your gp crash so do as you want!!

bye

herc. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
i managed to get my system upto 218mhz after several applications and a bit patience. Mine has had no ill effects at all and has been stable ever since - although the battery lasts around 2 hours when playing at that speed on dr md and osnes9x.

It will be 8 months on December 18 since I penciled the first GP32 for this post. If anyone is still interested, it has increased slightly in stability and now goes up to 212. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that originally my BLU could go as high as 166 and no more.

See you in April ;^)

I have been so afraid to try this because I really don't want to risk breaking my 166MHz BLU. I've had it for a year now. Do you think I should take the plunge and go for it or not? I really do want 60fps on DrMD.

Billy Lee posted on Dec 8 2005 at 10:12 AM said:
I have been so afraid to try this because I really don't want to risk breaking my 166MHz BLU. I've had it for a year now. Do you think I should take the plunge and go for it or not? I really do want 60fps on DrMD.
How many people have broken their GP32 doing this?

I thought I read earlier in this post that a few people have broken their gp32_console doing this.

Billy Lee posted on Dec 15 2005 at 11:24 AM said:
Is a #2 pencil the same as a B pencil?
Just use any soft pencil, this is no science.

Didn't work.

My GP32 just got really hot and the lines on the DrMD screen got a bit wavy.

I tried doing it like 3 different times, and each time it either didn't do anything at all the the machine or messed it up.

:/

greenroot posted on Dec 16 2005 at 12:12 AM said:
Didn't work.

My GP32 just got really hot and the lines on the DrMD screen got a bit wavy.

I tried doing it like 3 different times, and each time it either didn't do anything at all the the machine or messed it up.

:/
I tried it about 5 times before it worked for me... and it only boosted me from 156mhz to 166mhz when it did work. If you really want that extra power, go for it, but it's not worth breaking your gp32 over.

I was bored and I never opened up my gp or any handheld before. Fuck I never even opened up a computer, but I really was bored so I went through with it anyway. Took a minute to find the tiny ass resistor marked it with a #2 pencil, and bang my flu now clocks up to 200mhz, and I still cant believe it works. My gp used to max out at 156 anything higher than that and it would freeze up and make a buzzing sound. Thats crazy how a little bit of lead made such a big difference.

I'm so tempted to try this right now :) Fullspeed Sonic games on DrMD, nearly-fullspeed F-Zero on OpenSNES... :( I love the little bugger though, so I'd rather not take the risk. Damn I'm weak.

Back