Easy Overclocking

Oh my goodness... You guys must be insane... I lucked out and got a GP that runs at 166 without paying any extra money. I would be waaaaaaaaaay too paranoid to even think about trying something like that to my baby.

gp32_console don't worry, they were just joking "park-park"... nobody REALLY does that...shhhhh go to sleep.

OK!, I think a little update is in order.

Just got back home and took the dead GP apart and rubbed off the pencil and guess what.... No dead GP, Fucking YAY!. It`s not dead after all, I just ran mame at 166mhz to see if it could still go the speed it use to, And it did no problem. The panic is over.

MY GP32 IS NOT DEAD :D .

Trooper

trooper posted on Apr 19 2005 at 03:41 AM said:
OK!, I think a little update is in order.

Just got back home and took the dead GP apart and rubbed off the pencil and guess what.... No dead GP, Fucking YAY!. It`s not dead after all, I just ran mame at 166mhz to see if it could still go the speed it use to,  And it did no problem. The panic is over.

MY GP32 IS NOT DEAD  :D .

Trooper

Fuck shit damm. now i got to try this.

Bourbon

Edit how much should i draw on it real litghtly or make it black?

Last edited by a moderator:
wow... friggin sweet... I'm gonna stay with the conservatives on this one until a few more people test it... really good news that Troopers wasn't fried though.

What gets me is all the people looking at this and not one has tested it with a meter yet??? what's going on here!

ant test it at my gp right now, but testet it on spare 103ohm 0402 smd resistors, the results are very different, sometimes you get just a few ohm less like 100/103, one is gone down to 20, and one even 0'd. if you jsut touch the resistor on top after "painting" it it changes resistance again couse you move the graphite. its very unstable and cous eof that dangure, i wont o that to my gp.

My question is this -

In reality, How much faster is a GP32 running at 200-240 Mhz? What sort of percentage improvement do you see in games in DrMD compared to running at 133 or 166 Mhz?

Gruntfuggly posted on Apr 19 2005 at 08:17 AM said:
My question is this -

In reality, How much faster is a GP32 running at 200-240 Mhz? What sort of percentage improvement do you see in games in DrMD compared to running at 133 or 166 Mhz?

DRMD is pretty much perfect at 166mhz only a handful of games I have tested fall below 25fps the only one thats less that that is Fifa that can go under 20 but for most games you get 45-60 fps so you wouldnt notice any real diference in performance.

But with Mame, Quake and Snez emulation it would increase your FPS, for example I get 7-11 fps on Quake (I play that one a lot) at 166 I would love to get it rinning at 225mhz I would expect to get 15-20 fps really improving the game, but I just dont want to risk this mod on my GP32...

Steve.

ahh what the hell
Ill try this tonight or tomorow
I think ill be what, the third person to actually do it?

all I got to do is make a thin line with #2 pencil, right?
someone confirm the thin line on r52 ( just down the middle of it or where at? on top? the side ? )
and ill do it

~Octavious

ive just purchased me 2 pencil types , a 2B and 2H ,im going to carry out tests to test there conductivity when applyed in diffent pressures to surfaces , my guess is that it will differ to how hard you put it on the bord without a meter your playing a dangerious game with the gp......

Steve

I found another way to overclock GP32's very easily. You just need to have your GP exposed to a high amount of radiation.

1. Get to the nearest nuclear power plant and ask, if you could borrow some of those nifty little green sticks. They usualy got plenty, so they'll be happy to give some away for free. You then have to put this stick inside your GP32. This has many advantages: your GP32 will now be able to clock to 16765 Terrahertz. And the best thing: you got a BLU! butt all colors seem to be a little bit more green than before. If your local Nuclear plant doesn't want to give you some sticks, and your local Uranium dealer is out of uranium, you may aswell ask your local Nuclear power plant, if you could build yourself a radiation gun, and just borrow one of those sticks for a few minutes. Blueprints are available on the internet, you just have to google. However, the BLU effect won't appear.

2. If you don't have ANY access to uranium (Yes, there are some countries that have banned it from legal market because of it's green color), you can just use a common Microwave oven. There is no BLU effect here either, but your GP32 will go as fast as 500 Terrahertz (yes, it's a bit slower, Uranium is more effective).

so this is it. And remember, If you put uranium into your GP32: replace it every 2255000000 years, as it will have lost half of it's radiation.

DISCLAIMER: I CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EXTRA ARMS LEGS OR ANY BODY PARTS THAT GROW!

EDIT: and don't fall for people who want to sell you Nobelium (lasts only 29 minutes), Mendelevium (lasts 26 hours), Fermium (lasts 50,25 days), Einsteinium (lasts 236 days), Promethium (lasts 8.85 years), Actinium (lasts 10.8 years), Francium (lasts 10.9 minutes, Polonium (lasts 51 years), Astat (lasts 4,15 hours), Radon (last 1.9 days) or any Elemets from number 103-112

Uranium isn´t green.
However, I´m just asking myself why this so-called "mod" is drawing so much attention. We have a good, controllable method of voltagemodding by replacing the R48 and R52 resistors. Now someone turns up with a method that is very risky and uncontrollable since you can´t measure the resistance properly and swooosh! everybody is intrested. Maybe because this new method don´t requires soldering/electronic skills but a big amount of luck...

Fishbong posted on Apr 19 2005 at 04:42 PM said:
Uranium isn´t green.

Well, I should know better than you! I've got a few lying around here. :) :lol: :D

Reasons for "proper" resistor modding:

it's cheap (how much? probably 50c)
it's safe
it's surely permanent (that pencil could come off)

Reasons for radiation modding:

it's free (use your local nuclear power plant's Uranium)
it makes your GP32 even faster
I like green
extra arms can come in handy sometimes.

Back