EASY WEB CAM

Halcyon

Hey guys and gals,

I live away from my family now and thought it might be interesting for all my family and friends to see what it looks like here in Europe.

I was thinking of geting a web cam that points out side into the court yard across the street from my apartment.

Idealy I would like something that is wireless, has it's own webserver or IP (basically I could configure to upload on it's own with out my computer being on) and have the data stream to a website that I could give my less technical family members put into there browser and see what things are like here.

I don't mind if the website is from the company selling me the hardware and has adds and things like that I just want this to be easy to access for my family and friends and work as long as my router and modem are connected. I think it would be good enough if the picture updated every 10 min or so I don't need to streem live feed.

So anyone know any products like this or have any experiance or advice for me on this subject.

Thanks a million

ustream.tv ? works with ifones and androids as well as your basic webcam

Last edited by a moderator:
Right on Mummy, I will check it out. It seems harder then I would have expected for an "all in one" package but i guess the demand just isn't there.

Cheers

Back