So it's been almost 2 years, What's been happening?

Cameleon

Website
Visit site
As the title suggests. I've been in limbo for a couple of years, my indie studio crashed and burned, my family relationships have basically fallen apart, I now live on my own and I now work as a professional developer at a small company near Glasgow. How have you guys been? What have I missed?

/index.php/topic/11679-information-for-new-and-old-customers/#entry217160">http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11679-information-for-new-and-old-customers/#entry217160

• Craig is no longer on good terms with ED (and vice-versa)
  • ED now sells original, double RAM, and double clockspeed+double-RAM pandoras
  • ED's queue is getting to be extremely short, he is in a financially stable position and shipping free units to everyone who paid Craig and are still waiting (only Craig knows were all the money went) from the profits from new sales
  • Craig is working on the iControlPad2 and says he's nearly finished
  • Pandorapress is dead, and has been replaced by pandoralive
  • We have an all-new mod team with 12 members
  • TV-out cables are in the prototyping for production stage
  • Loads of wonderful new software has been written/ported, including supertuxkart, libreoffice, drastic (an NDS emu!)
  • The official website is a new snazzy one designed by Craig's team to sell more units.
  • Link now runs an online pandora shop in the USA
  • Production is now in Germany and supervised by ED because production in Texas was a disaster
  • Pandoras use new, stronger cases (painted silver)
http://repo.openpandora.org/

/index.php/page/articles.html/_/general-information/the-history-of-the-pandora-r57">http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/page/articles.html/_/general-information/the-history-of-the-pandora-r57

Last edited by a moderator:
Whaat is up , humaaaaaaaaannn ?

/index.php/topic/11418-ppsspp-emulator-for-psp/">http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11418-ppsspp-emulator-for-psp/

hmm this isn't a very nice development... (guess i'm not in tune anymore with what's happening here) I backed craigs kickstarter without wanting any goods in return hoping that would potentially speed up pandora2 development. Guess that it didnt help at all....

As the title suggests. I've been in limbo for a couple of years, my indie studio crashed and burned, my family relationships have basically fallen apart, I now live on my own and I now work as a professional developer at a small company near Glasgow. How have you guys been? What have I missed?
Welcome back, as for what you've missed, what do you use your Pandora for?

A couple of recent highlights are :

NDS Emulation in a highly playable state

Our very own Classic Mame Arcade with online leaderboards

Less recent, but a real highlight for all Pandora users is PNDManager

hmm this isn't a very nice development... (guess i'm not in tune anymore with what's happening here) I backed craigs kickstarter without wanting any goods in return hoping that would potentially speed up pandora2 development. Guess that it didnt help at all....
EvilDragon stated if possible he would do a successor to the Pandora.. I'm a little upset with Craig, only reason I got on board with the iCP2 was that Craig stated that successful funding would allow for Pandora 2 development.. He then recently said Pandora 2 wouldn't be happening at all. But luckily it seems ED will still carry the torch on a possible follow up device despite what Craig stated.

Here's a good hypothesis: The longer it takes for the P2 to come out, the better it will be.

Also, it will be even more expensive in USD due to inflation because the government keeps printing money devaluing it all.

Back