Business Plan finished, ready to gather investors! (2011 - 09 - 09)

Hi ED

Here's hoping you get the investors you need real soon so you can make the Pandora the successful device it deserves to be.

Will production of the TV-Out cables be possible if the new finance package is sorted out?

Yes, they will be finished one month after I have all investors signed :)

ED, quick question , you mention pre-orders will start again soon. I know no money is needed up front for these but was wanting to know how much these pre-ordered units will cost? ie is it the original price or the $500 US as per the premiums ?

The current price will be 370 EUR, which is the Premium Price in EUR currently.

There's not much we can do. Production costs are higher in Germany, but also more reliable. The original price is FAR lower than the production costs...

We'll probably lose some potential customers here, but will be able to have a reliable production, which is worth far more.

When production is running stable, we might be able to lower the price, but this all depends on the part costs which depend on the USD / EUR conversion rate, etc.

It might not be such a bad idea to inflate it a little more to a nice rounded-up price, because later on when you have a surplus of pandoras and revenue you can always have sales / discounts / bundles between production runs.

ED, quick question , you mention pre-orders will start again soon. I know no money is needed up front for these but was wanting to know how much these pre-ordered units will cost? ie is it the original price or the $500 US as per the premiums ?

There's not much we can do. Production costs are higher in Germany, but also more reliable. The original price is FAR lower than the production costs...

We'll probably lose some potential customers here, but will be able to have a reliable production, which is worth far more.

When production is running stable, we might be able to lower the price, but this all depends on the part costs which depend on the USD / EUR conversion rate, etc.

It might not be such a bad idea to inflate it a little more to a nice rounded-up price, because later on when you have a surplus of pandoras and revenue you can always have sales / discounts / bundles between production runs.
370 Euro is a lot of money though. Right now that's over $500 before you even get to the point of paying for shipping. I personally wouldn't have bought one had I needed to shell out that much money for it, the money I paid was more than I could comfortably afford in the first place.

370 Euro is a lot of money though. Right now that's over $500 before you even get to the point of paying for shipping. I personally wouldn't have bought one had I needed to shell out that much money for it, the money I paid was more than I could comfortably afford in the first place.

Yeah, I don't think raising the price to 400 Euro would be a great idea. That amounts to about $550 USD, versus the current price, which is a little over $500. Not to mention, it would piss people off if they have to pay more than the Premium orderers when they're being put at the end of the queue.

Basically, the price shouldn't be raised unless there's a good reason. "Rounding" is not a good reason.

The price won't be raised.

370 EUR was the price for Premiums in Europe since they exist, and that's the only price we can afford right now.

When you are sending the TV out cables, is it possible to send me an LCD cable as well in the same package, I can't imagine sending the LCD cable would increase shipping costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you are sending the TV out cables, is it possible to send me an LCD cable as well in the same package, I can't imagine sending the LCD cable would increase shipping costs.

I didn't even know there was an LCD cable available, what exactly are they? (interface? / resolution?), how much are those? and can you add them to existing pre-orders?

I didn't even know there was an LCD cable available, what exactly are they? (interface? / resolution?), how much are those? and can you add them to existing pre-orders?

This is the internal LCD cable from Pandora to it's own screen. It is needed by some due to a fault in early cables.

Don't talk about a Pandora2!

Seems like the waiting is taking its toll on both sides :)

But don't worry, you all are doing a great job. Things will come out well in the end and the project won't be a loss. The Pandora is worth buying as it is today and will be for another 2 or 3 years. And then... you will be awfully bored and yearn to design the next generation!

In relation to the situation of the Banks and their economic bubbles, coming form speculation, enemy of the productions,

So I suggest not to ask money to the banks, the best is to have investors that share the profits.

ED did when he said he needs 700 unpaid preorders to get a good chance at a bank loan

Hello ED,

When the preorders start ? every day I come on the forum to see if the pre-order has not begun.

The estimated time would be welcome :)

Cordialy

Preorders will start something around September 20th, as I will know the possible price tags by then.

My current enemy is the EUR / USD conversion rate.

The USD was at a stable 1,44 EUR for the last months. With this rate, the Pandora would be pretty interesting for investors.

During the last 10 days it fell down to 1,36 EUR. As most parts are bought in USD, this increases the production costs about 50.000 EUR and therefore make less profit, making it less and less attractive for investors.

That's also a reason I'd like to have investors from the community - they probably don't care that much about making more profit at the beginning (as long as they don't lose the investment), but also want to keep the project going.

Well, my hope is still that the EUR will rise again when I buy the parts :)

In an ideal case, the EUR will be low when looking for investors (that way, investing in USD is cheaper and more attractive) and will rise again when I buy the parts :)

I'm still waiting for my copy of the Business Plan, ED .. I can handle the German version!

I'm still waiting for my copy of the Business Plan, ED .. I can handle the German version!

I know, everyone is :)

I'm waiting for one last quotation (a big one), I should get it within this week.

Then it's time to send out those plans :)

Back