eBay

Have you had any bad experiences on eBay?

• Total voters

Ebay really needs to step up and make a better system for non paying buyers. Almost everytime I have a good amount of listings during the week, I always get 1 or 2 non paying bidders(it's like clock work). When it is all said and done, it is just a complete waste of my time and effort.

Yeah, I get whatever fees back, but when these losers out bid a legit buyer, I lose business and Ebay could care less. Ebay really does follow "the buyer is always right" mentality, but that is just not the case a lot of the time.

Chris
Absolutely.

I can't even second-chance-offer the other bidder for another several days, at this point. Given when I made the listing, I can only assume the guy who got outbid by the dealer was shopping for Christmas, and he's probably gone elsewhere by now...

Last edited by a moderator:
The second pandora I aquired came from Ebay. I was told it was in full working order. When I got it had the combo of being a victim of PTOD and being a One Nubber. I was enraged at such dishonesty. It lived for about two weeks, until the screen become too saturated to use.

I'll RMA this one once I get my first one back.

If ebay had a system were by they could deduct a 10% deposit from a winning bidder automatically it might make things better. That way if they didnt pay you , you could at least get the deposit. Probably very difficult to implement though.

Welp, I'm not going to be doing much business on ebay in the future.

I fully expected to pay a fee when I sold something. Didn't expect it would be 9%. And then ebay takes another cut because paypal was used (I couldn't find a way to add Google Checkout) plus a cut for currency conversion. Over 15% of my sale went directly to ebay in fees. I pay less than that to the government in taxes!

Well, I have an update, and it's good news, though it looked bad at first.

For starters, I contacted the second bidder, but as expected he had already gone elsewhere.

However, my seemingly-bad bidder did *eventually* pay up. It did take having a case raised against him (which would have given him a Non-Paying Bidder strike) and the item being re-listed to get him to do so, but he did pay. :)

The fees were enormous, though, much as Stan describes above. I probably won't list there again, myself.

Back