Ebola Outbreak in exponential growth

There are a bunch of risks out there and it's not up to CDC/WHO to decide where all the resources should be allocated.
Who should decide an appropriate response to risks posed by infectious disease?

I'd be really interested to read any credible article that showed genuine corruption* at the CDC / WHO. I doubt they're in any way perfect organisations, they're merely the best we have.

*i.e. taking kickbacks, not incompetence / being subject to manipulation by big pharma.

And yet we're seeing a drastic reduction in deaths and prolonged hospital admissions due to influenza, at least in the trust I work for, which is directly attributable to the influenze vaccine we dish out yearly to high-risk groups and health workers - that same vaccine that started with Tamiflu and has been refined year on year to combat the dominant strain of influenza has been an absolute godsend for me and my colleagues.

So Tamiflu was definitely not worthless at all. Hell, it even cuts down on colds which affect staffing levels - we all have to have a yearly jab as part of our healthcare package.

D.

I didn't know that. I received flu jabs prior to my experience of swine flu and tamiflu, so I assumed today's flu jabs were a development of previous flu-jabs, not tamiflu (which I believe was an oral tablet, but I never ordered any in the end so I can't be sure). The flu jabs I received were vaccines, targetted at this year's batch of standard flu variants, whereas tamiflu worked by interfering with the operation of (specifically swine-fly variants of) flu, not as a vaccine (which teaches the body's white blood cells to identify the flu variants without causing infection).

I guess the exponential growth has become rather flat these days. 8500 in end jan. Still waitng for the millions of deaths as accurately predicted by the WHO tourists.

Klapse quoted 1.5 million deaths by end jan by a reputable institute.
i guess their reputation went way down and they must be busy erasing web references of their incompetence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back