Ebook Reading Capabilities

PDFs are important for reading books with images and/or unorthodox formatting.

white font on black background.

:wacko:
Now that would definitely give me eyestrain.

Esn said:

I find it a lot more comfortable, especially at night. Then again, I have really good vision.

Last edited by a moderator:
TJSomething said:
Esn said:

I find it a lot more comfortable, especially at night. Then again, I have really good vision.

Seconded. For reading in pitch dark, white text on black seems easier. Unfortunately, I do a lot of reading in the not-dark and then white-on-black is just weird.

Its nice to conmpare the screen of the pandora to the screen of the N800. However, you shouldn't forget the handling. The PANDORA is no tablet. :(

I used to read a fair bit on my PSP and believe the Pandora will be a wonderful device for it, and really hope so since Bookr does poorly with most PDF files and the comic program I used doesn't work on my PSP's current firmware (oddly enough, all my other programs work fine).

Also hope it multi-tasks well for listening to music too, would hate to have a similar situation that PSP's suffer from in their nearly complete lack of multi-tasking.

Creature XL said:
Its nice to conmpare the screen of the pandora to the screen of the N800. However, you shouldn't forget the handling. The PANDORA is no tablet. :(
I've been thinking on taking a Pandora turning it 90º clockwise in my left hand and using the screen in vertical mode to read. It's more like using a real book and the right hand is free to "change page".

I guess Pandora software will be capable of turn on screen.

rasczak said:
Creature XL said:
I've been thinking on taking a Pandora turning it 90º clockwise in my left hand and using the screen in vertical mode to read. It's more like using a real book and the right hand is free to "change page".

Nokia's tablet doesn't have screen-turning capabilities, but FBReader does. I used to read etexts on my Psion Series 3a sideways, and it works nicely. In fact, with the screen on the right, it definitely felt more "book-like" than the N800.

Karel Jansens said:
rasczak said:
Creature XL said:

Nokia's tablet doesn't have screen-turning capabilities, but FBReader does. I used to read etexts on my Psion Series 3a sideways, and it works nicely. In fact, with the screen on the right, it definitely felt more "book-like" than the N800.

After that... will look great a book moded case, hahaha.

on the subject of background colours I personaly find black text on a gray background (#aaa) easier to reed

Back