Electronia!

I've made it I think to level 4 so far, and mostly by working not from left to right, but from right to left - its much easier, I find, to get a nice big purple network of interlinked bulbs and then just connect it to one of the outlets than to run from outlets to bulbs, since at any time that outlet may turn off - my way, you can always route your way dwn to the bottom if ou need to, which is very useful :).

Stuck on lvl 4 atm, though...

I've got to level 8 and it gets pretty frantic. best way I find is to take a bit longer connecting up one circuit to as many bulbs as possible then zap them all at once, you need to rely on the 3 or 4 way blocks tho - I can zip through the first couple of levels doing this.

talking about classic mode btw.

how about unlocking access to later levels once you complete a certain amount? Like letting you start direct at level 5 once you complete level 6 or something? although it's not strictly necessary because it doesn't take long to go through the first levels and it adds to your final score...?! hmm....

Enslaved posted on May 6 2004 at 06:58 AM said:
I think there should be some more techno loops! The one gets old after like 2 hours of play :D This game kicks ass!
Yeah I know thats why L and R toggle the sound loop. I may have more loops made, dunno yet, I am just glad everyone enjoys this game so much. Shows my time wasnt wasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got so frustrated with this till i found arcade mode :D. Kept me up a fair few hours last night. A small suggestion, is there a reason why u cant move the block left of right as soon as you see it in arcade mode? You can see the tip of it, but u cant move it till its dropped one ( :lol: ) square.

Dozer posted on May 6 2004 at 04:17 PM said:
I got so frustrated with this till i found arcade mode :D. Kept me up a fair few hours last night. A small suggestion, is there a reason why u cant move the block left of right as soon as you see it in arcade mode? You can see the tip of it, but u cant move it till its dropped one ( :lol: ) square.
mmm I've been wondering the same thing, the arcade mode does seem a lot slower pace to the other 2 modes, I'm sticking to classic mode ..... which I've now reached LEVEL 10 whew!

so close to 11 too, only two more blocks to turn and... but that's the way it goes, eh ... now for one more go....

Due to some...severe...software difficulties, I have not had a chance to finish up the "Score Board" version of Electronia, I spent the last 10-15 hours fixing my issues and now have a stable dev enviroment again. I will be working on this score board version for the next few hours trying to get it finished for a release, just figured I would let you all know.

so close to 11 too, only two more blocks to turn and... but that's the way it goes, eh ... now for one more go....

Hehe wait till you get to level 16...you're gonna love the new twist that happens then..... (if you have noticed, after every 5 levels, something new happens)

A small suggestion, is there a reason why u cant move the block left of right as soon as you see it in arcade mode? You can see the tip of it, but u cant move it till its dropped one ( ) square.

Is it just me, or is there no "suggestion" in that sentence? Sounds more like a question to me :)

As for why it happens, well the block isnt on the grid yet, so possibly the collision detection between the falling blocks and existing blocks is stoping it from moving left or right when its not on the grid yet.

scoreboard would definately be cool, if you can do it. would be great to have a high score challenge

DAMN this game has me by the balls, can't stop playing it! top score is now 4674 - level 14, and it featured in my dreams last night with those bloomin rotating pipes!

my favourite puzzle games used to be pipe mania (pipe dream) and atomino, this ranks up there with them, if not surpasses

:D

I think I will also add a bigger "extra time" bonus for larger combos.

For you score freaks, here is the formula that determines score.

If 1 to 8 bulbs
ConnectionLength * LitBulbs

If all 9 bulbs
(ConnectionLength * LitBulbs) * 2

The highscore chalenge, the difficult thing about that, is trusting that the user didnt use a hex editor and manage to edit their scores...

a point I forgot to add: at the end of level 14 I was faced with 2 left+down shaped pipes that were locked making it impossible for me to complete this level - it was quite unlucky I guess...

as for a highscore challenge - how about creating an algorithm that gives you a code that you could enter on your site and will enter your score on a highscore table there?

frolik posted on May 7 2004 at 05:00 AM said:
a point I forgot to add: at the end of level 14 I was faced with 2 left+down shaped pipes that were locked making it impossible for me to complete this level - it was quite unlucky I guess...

as for a highscore challenge - how about creating an algorithm that gives you a code that you could enter on your site and will enter your score on a highscore table there?
In arcade mode?
You have to be carefull in arcade mode, if you have too many tiles on the far left or far right that dont extend in the proper directions, you could seal your own fate. A good rule of thumb is never put corner pieces on the walls, that are not linked to some already valid, existing chain.

If you mean classic mode, well thats what chance does.

I noticed a bug that happens on level 16+ that can cause you to have some serious locked block issues (way too many locked blocks) after you destroy your first couple chains (the same thing happens in gambit mode) I will have to fix that, should be easy to fix.

As for an algorthm I was thinking of that or some kind of minimal encryption on the score files....

Back