Electronia!

I've play a game like it before.

Zapspot made it, and I think it was there last game

Something to do with a house.

nways, I'm stopping my play until high scores...

Any chance of internet ranking, via code?

WOW! Akuma you and Manu kick ass! When I saw this on the front page just now I litterally went "did someone release a new commercial game?" Because ot the visial simularity to rocketmania which my brother has been playing a bit recently, but seeing you name told me I was going to have to download thins immediatly and congratulate you.

So what's next? maybe a pinball game? you know, something like alien crush or something only better?

VERY addictive and original & nice to have 3 different modes of play, all are well polished.

I was thinking of starting a "high score challenge" thread but there's no high score table even. Any chance of implementing some system so we can get a ranking and get competetive with each other?

expect a review in the next issue of 'Park Life'

I promised that if it got 100+ downloads, I'd start issue 2 at the weekend...

So... yes.

This looks really fun. I cant play it at the moment cuz a friend of mine wanted to use my gp32 for a night to see if he wants one. Damn, should have waited a day so i could put him this fine piece of software on it. Well, I guess I could help you out a little so I mirrored it here.

Glad you all like it!

I will certainly add a high score board in it, maybe ill do that today and make a quick rerelease.

As for whats next, well, you'll see. The actual game system is about 80% completed, and the graphics are basically all already created, just needs a few minor additions, and then its all content (i.e. levels). This is one of the reasons Electronia took so long, I was working on another game at the same time! Just call me mr.multitasker :)

Keep watching this thread to see when I make a rerelease with a high score board!

Glad you like the three game modes, I figured that would add some variety and mix things up a little bit. :)

Thanks for the mirror Anox, I placed it in my signature. Get that GP32 back from your friend and try this game out!

Flavor posted on May 5 2004 at 03:43 PM said:
It looks like a game that I stumbled upon on my MAME machine. I wish I remembered what it was called, but it was the same basic idea, but instead of electricity, it used water pipes. The main difference that I see (without playing your game) is that you didn't have to connect the left side to the right side. With the pipes game, you could make a simple loop from one side to the next piece down on the same side.
That game is PipeMania.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game I played on MAME was (probablly) a predecessor to this PIPES game.

http://www.thumbworks.com/apps/pipes.shtml

Don't take this in any way other than just a comparison, because I haven't even got to play Electronia yet. In the PIPES game that I played, the mode is very arcade oriented. Pieces fall from the top. First, a random piece falls from column 1. Then a random piece falls from column 2, and so on until the playfield fills to the top and you lose. You can manipilate pieces in 2 ways to keep going. You can rotate pieces, and you can push pieces. I think that to push a piece, you press the button and then the joystick L or R. To rotate it, you just press and release the button. If you push a piece on to a spot that doesn't have anything below, then it will fall down (makes sense).

Anyway, I just looked up this PIPES game and it reminded me of how that game worked. If you were looking for more play modes, maybe you'd think of a varation on that theme. Perhaps you already have the same mode already. I'm just thinking of it because I can't really play your game right now. When I get to, I'm sure I won't be posting (I'll be playing instead).

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 5 2004 at 05:25 PM said:
Glad you all like it!

I will certainly add a high score board in it, maybe ill do that today and make a quick rerelease.

As for whats next, well, you'll see. The actual game system is about 80% completed, and the graphics are basically all already created, just needs a few minor additions, and then its all content (i.e. levels). This is one of the reasons Electronia took so long, I was working on another game at the same time! Just call me mr.multitasker :)

Keep watching this thread to see when I make a rerelease with a high score board!

Glad you like the three game modes, I figured that would add some variety and mix things up a little bit. :)

Thanks for the mirror Anox, I placed it in my signature. Get that GP32 back from your friend and try this game out!
Akuma your stuff keeps getting better and better. This looks like a cool concept with the bulbs and electricity etc. Can't wait to go home and try it out. I bet it would look really cool on the BLU with all of the neon etc. You are the logic game king! :)

Flavor posted on May 5 2004 at 10:48 AM said:
The game I played on MAME was (probablly) a predecessor to this PIPES game.

http://www.thumbworks.com/apps/pipes.shtml

Don't take this in any way other than just a comparison, because I haven't even got to play Electronia yet. In the PIPES game that I played, the mode is very arcade oriented. Pieces fall from the top. First, a random piece falls from column 1. Then a random piece falls from column 2, and so on until the playfield fills to the top and you lose. You can manipilate pieces in 2 ways to keep going. You can rotate pieces, and you can push pieces. I think that to push a piece, you press the button and then the joystick L or R. To rotate it, you just press and release the button. If you push a piece on to a spot that doesn't have anything below, then it will fall down (makes sense).

Anyway, I just looked up this PIPES game and it reminded me of how that game worked. If you were looking for more play modes, maybe you'd think of a varation on that theme. Perhaps you already have the same mode already. I'm just thinking of it because I can't really play your game right now. When I get to, I'm sure I won't be posting (I'll be playing instead).
When you play Electronia, you will notice 3 modes, Classic (the standard mode), Gambit (a new twist on Classic) and Arcade. Arcade mode in Electronia, is just that, peices fall from the top, you can rotate them or move them wherever you want, and you try and create the connections just like those screenshots on that link to the PIPES game. (with the electronia twist, of course). So yes, I already have this mode. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Akuma your stuff keeps getting better and better. This looks like a cool concept with the bulbs and electricity etc. Can't wait to go home and try it out. I bet it would look really cool on the BLU with all of the neon etc. You are the logic game king!
Well when me and manu were brainstorming about what our "next" game was going to be, after perfectfit and gpsquares face lifts, manu suggested I look at rocketmania (havent seen this game ever until then). I liked the idea and figured it would make a great GP32 game. But I didnt want a rocket theme, I wanted to use the same generic concept as rocketmania, but expand from there, so we came up with the idea to use Electricity as our theme (as odd as that sounded at the time).

Only one small observation. Please don't take this as negative I only wanted to give some constructive critisism. When you turn on the lights they are actually a bit darker with the purple. Usually when a bulb goes on it gets brighter unless it is emitting anti-light :) . My suggestion would be to make the bulbs that are "off" a darker grey rather than bright white. Just my opinion, anyway good work! :)

Thanks so much for this :D

I love all your games.. can't wait to play this.

DaveC posted on May 5 2004 at 05:58 PM said:
Only one small observation. Please don't take this as negative I only wanted to give some constructive critisism. When you turn on the lights they are actually a bit darker with the purple. Usually when a bulb goes on it gets brighter unless it is emitting anti-light :) . My suggestion would be to make the bulbs that are "off" a darker grey rather than bright white. Just my opinion, anyway good work! :)
Umm.. it's uhh.. a black light? :)

Back