eMail sent!

Not good news for me. I've just paid for the upgrade and will be getting the lowest spec model with a second hand board in it instead of the 1Gb model that I was supposed to be upgrading to. Looks like I got screwed again :-( Sent from my GT-I5500 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
? If you wanted the 1GHz one, why didn't you wait a bit more?

With other people upgrading and all the donations coming in, it could very well be you'd get a community-sponsored Pandora when waiting a bit.

BTW: The current CC models are no second hand boards, they're new ones where I fixed the broken stuff from CC.
Erm.. because there is no guarantee how long that will take or even if I will be able to get one. I'm not waiting 5 years for nothing. Instead I'll take what I originally paid for and Invoice Craig for the extra money and original shipping cost that I've had to pay. That way it frees up a place and gets some money towards someone elses order (for now at least).

If these are the newly populated CC boards then that will do fine. When you said that they were reconditioned, I thought that they were returned boards that people had trouble with before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't get my voucher code to work for a classic Pandora.  Says "Voucher name invalid" whenever I click the "Add" button.

The email mentions a last checkout page where you select your payment method.  Well, I'm currently on a page with 4 steps, with the 3rd step allowing me to select a payment method.  Is there some other page where I'm supposed to apply this code?

Help?
Did you try the voucher for EU or non EU?

I might simply have a typo there.
ED do you pay VAT over the donations? Because if you don't we might have to restructure the upgrades in such a way we keep more money in the community and less to the German taxes. 

Basically I can either pay you the €200,- + ~€ 40,- VAT or donate € 240,- through the forum. Would make quite a difference! 

What a terrible mess.

Anyway..................

I too cant seem to get the vouchers working (from the UK).

When I choose the "ADD TO CART" it says "Combination is out of stock, please choose another"

Edit: Also, having ordered in feb/march 2009, I also paid for the TV out cables too. I'll be getting that - right? Or will I have to reorder those as well?
If it's out of stock, it simply means that no Pandoras are in stock right now.

They'll be restocked, no worries!

You should receive your TV Out Cable as well, yes.

What a terrible mess.

Anyway..................

I too cant seem to get the vouchers working (from the UK).

When I choose the "ADD TO CART" it says "Combination is out of stock, please choose another"

Edit: Also, having ordered in feb/march 2009, I also paid for the TV out cables too. I'll be getting that - right? Or will I have to reorder those as well?
If it's out of stock, it simply means that no Pandoras are in stock right now.

They'll be restocked, no worries!

You should receive your TV Out Cable as well, yes.
Okay.

It's because I'm trying to upgrade to the 1GHZ as I was originally just going to stick with the original rebirth(which I had chosen in the survey), but it's been so long that I may as well pay extra and buy the 1GHZ instead.

So - will I get an email from you so I can order the 1GHZ when it's stock?

Not good news for me. I've just paid for the upgrade and will be getting the lowest spec model with a second hand board in it instead of the 1Gb model that I was supposed to be upgrading to. Looks like I got screwed again :-( Sent from my GT-I5500 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

With other people upgrading and all the donations coming in, it could very well be you'd get a community-sponsored Pandora when waiting a bit.

BTW: The current CC models are no second hand boards, they're new ones where I fixed the broken stuff from CC.
Erm.. because there is no guarantee how long that will take or even if I will be able to get one. I'm not waiting 5 years for nothing. Instead I'll take what I originally paid for and Invoice Craig for the extra money and original shipping cost that I've had to pay. That way it frees up a place and gets some money towards someone elses order (for now at least).

If these are the newly populated CC boards then that will do fine. When you said that they were reconditioned, I thought that they were returned boards that people had trouble with before.
Ah, okay. No, they are simply PCBs that had minor faults from the very beginning and I just found the time to fix them :)

ED do you pay VAT over the donations? Because if you don't we might have to restructure the upgrades in such a way we keep more money in the community and less to the German taxes.

No VAT applied to the donations, no.

ED I have not recieved an email..

I still have a *pending* order [redacted] that bank wire has yet to be sent

on DragonBox but left it alone till this situation was sorted out.

Would like to have an option for EXT cable and another Pandora but I'm not sure what you want for either. Cheers.

Please contact me via PM or eMail in this case.

But please be a bit patient, I just received a ton of more work and eMails to reply to during the weekend ;)

did not receive email - never got one from Craig either, until i bugged him about it several times. sent PM to ED

Thanks, I'll take care of it, but it might take a while.

EU voucher code works, NONEU doesn't.
Fixed the non EU one as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah, okay. No, they are simply PCBs that had minor faults from the very beginning and I just found the time to fix them :)

No VAT applied to the donations, no.

ED I have not recieved an email..

I still have a *pending* order [redacted] that bank wire has yet to be sent

on DragonBox but left it alone till this situation was sorted out.

Would like to have an option for EXT cable and another Pandora but I'm not sure what you want for either. Cheers.

Please contact me via PM or eMail in this case.

But please be a bit patient, I just received a ton of more work and eMails to reply to during the weekend ;)

did not receive email - never got one from Craig either, until i bugged him about it several times. sent PM to ED

Thanks, I'll take care of it, but it might take a while.

EU voucher code works, NONEU doesn't.
Fixed the non EU one as well.
Excellent.  Just placed my order, and if everything goes well, you can scratch me off the list.

A pleasure doing business with you, and thanks again for making us this offer!

Last edited:
I got it only once.

I've only accessed and answered the poll once.

But here's to hoping that there were many multiple results in the list and that they are actually far less pre-orderers left. :)

Okay, I have received 6 emails!! (2 x classic, 2 x refund & 2 x  rebirth).  I only accessed/responded once to the survey as far as I remember - which was to wait to get the Pandora I paid for all those years ago.

Ed - as others have said - does this mean the outstanding orders might be a lot less than the 500 banded about?

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere - but does the "Classic" option come with 256mb or 512mb of ram?  If it is 256mb - is there anyway to upgrade it to 512mb?

Not sure what to do about all the emails

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere - but does the "Classic" option come with 256mb or 512mb of ram? If it is 256mb - is there anyway to upgrade it to 512mb?

Not sure what to do about all the emails
CC comes with 256MB of RAM. I'm afraid you can't upgrade it - it's soldered on top of the CPU - but you can use a swap file to get more (albeit slow) memory from your SD card.

Do the emails all have different links in them? If so, just ignore the ones with the options you didn't choose.

There is an old policy of not posting order numbers publicly, because it might be used to make a mess of your order. I'm not sure whether this is still a problem with EDs shop (it was more of an issue back in the days when we were all waiting for the volcano ash and trying to make heads or tails of Craigs queue), but until proven otherwise, I'll try to uphold that policy. The order number is the identification of a contract between you and (in this case) ED, so keep int private. If you feel the need to communicate with ED about your own private order, it is better done in PMs anyway :)

Did respond to Craig's survey, and no email here (checked spam folder) will send a PM as well I guess...

Does this mean the 500 outstanding orders are snowballing into more with the ones Craig didn't send over?

I'm still a little confused here.

Regarding the upgrade to the 1GHZ, are we going to recieve a notification email that they are in stock, so that we can go to ED's shop and place the order?

Or are they just going to appear in the shop without warning causing a huge rush of buyers outside of those that had already paid during 2008/2009/2010 etc etc (I'm 2009), in which we may miss our chance to upgrade?

Are us guys the priority for the new stock?

I will not send an eMail, but post it hear at the Old Preorders section as well.

Basically, the shortage is only right now, as we just resumed getting working LCDs.

As soon as the next batch of LCDs arrive, the shortage should be over and we'll just have them in stock again :)

Did respond to Craig's survey, and no email here (checked spam folder) will send a PM as well I guess...

Does this mean the 500 outstanding orders are snowballing into more with the ones Craig didn't send over?
Some people received multiple e-mails (up to 6), other received none.

There might have been a mix-up and some people received e-mails that were meant for someone else, and the number of orders is unchanged.

We'll know for sure once I checked the list against the eMails and PMs I got.

Give me some time, it might take until next week :)

Okay, as said previously - I received 6 emails!  I've now gone to your store ED and ordered a classic Pandora (the voucher worked fine :) ) - so hopefully I will finally get a pandora - after waiting since January 2009!! :)  Hopefully the "classic" version can still run the latest emulators etc

Back