eMail sent!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I have now sent the eMail to all the customers that have responded to the survey (hopefully).

If you have replied to the survey but didn't get a mail, let me know your details (eMail address, name, order, etc.) so I can check that.

In case you already sent me an email or a PM a few weeks ago, please wait a bit, I still need to reply to them.

Let me know in case you have any further questions. 

2nd batch Craig

Is there a way to preorder (haha) a 1ghz, or do I have to check dragonbox periodically to see if there are units in stock?

*edit*

I was being serious, if there is an option to preorder the 300EUR 1ghz, I'd rather do it now than wait until the stock replenishes and *then* order

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received *three* emails, saying I'd requested three different things in the survey...

I just received *three* emails, saying I'd requested three different things in the survey...
I've also received 3 emails but I didn't think it was for 3 different answers just that I was listed 3 times on the spreadsheet. If I'm not the only one then maybe the 500ish pre-orders is actually a third of that and more like what was expected.

I've also received 3 emails but I didn't think it was for 3 different answers just that I was listed 3 times on the spreadsheet. If I'm not the only one then maybe the 500ish pre-orders is actually a third of that and more like what was expected.
I seem to recall I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about what to do, so might have submitted the survey more than once (or perhaps just one page of it - were there multiple pages? I forget). The only reason I knew they were different answers was because GMail handily put all the emails in one thread and highlighted the differences.

I seem to recall I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about what to do, so might have submitted the survey more than once (or perhaps just one page of it - were there multiple pages? I forget). The only reason I knew they were different answers was because GMail handily put all the emails in one thread and highlighted the differences.
I also got three emails, but I am 100% sure I did not submit the form more than once!

Two looked the same, one (the one I read last) presumed I had requested a refund. I am also 100% sure I haven't requested a refund!

ED, looks like you got a bug in some script somewhere :(

Anyway, I ordered the classic one! Yay, at last! Me pants are on fire and it aint the soup... :p

Well, I haven't checked for multiple eMail addresses, so that might be the reason.

There's not much I could've done wrong, more likely in the data I got.

Some customers even had Craigs eMail address in the field... removed that though.

I also got some replies from people who already upgraded. Thankfully, most customers are honest :)

Looks like we'll have an overworked survey list soon :)

Well, I haven't checked for multiple eMail addresses, so that might be the reason.

There's not much I could've done wrong, more likely in the data I got.

Some customers even had Craigs eMail address in the field... removed that though.

I also got some replies from people who already upgraded. Thankfully, most customers are honest :)

Looks like we'll have an overworked survey list soon :)
If this is the case, should you not start checking the order info for every Pandora you send out?

As in, receipt from everyone?

This sounds worrisome, maybe there weren´t that many pending orders after all and the original plan would have sufficed?

At least check my email to see why it was in there multiple times, because like I said, I´m definitely 100% sure I was not supposed to be.

(

Addition: I diffed my emails, it seems I got three emails:

"You opted to wait for Rebirth" in the survey, which is the correct one, because that´s what I did back then

"You opted to refund"

"You opted to settle with Classic"

*sigh*... so essentially what you've gotten from Craig, ED, seems to be, in the best case, the unmodified HTTP POSTs from some access.log... but more likely a very failed attempt to actually make sense of them. It's starting to sound like Craig is the kind of man who keeps his ledgers in [censored] .txt files...

)

Hmm, seems like the survey's "change the email address" didn't work? At least I still got mine to the original address.

It's a good thing I still got the old one in use... But in any case, if someone didn't find the email (and chose to change the email address in the survey), then it's better to check the old email address, first.

Ps. Also, I received only one mail. (only one option in the survey, too)

I only replied the once which is why I was surprised to get 3 emails and the reason why I think we might have more requests than actual orders.

[edit] Just checked and I've also got different emails for different answers.

Yeah, we got some confusing text files where all entries were in a completely random order with ------- between one order.

The eMail address was at a different field every time, as were comments and addresses.

I expected a nice CSV-Sheet from the survey where everything was sorted in the fields where it should... but it never had been created that way.

To me the text files looked like one huge text field where every preorder should simply put everything he ever wanted to say in...

We made an Excel-Sheet semi-automatically from it, but I'll check all orders and of course any feedback I get from you guys to clean up the survey results!

In a positive way: does this mean that are less then 500 preorders are left?

I would have been good with one of three options, so I chose three. I also received three emails, one for each option I would have been good with. I'll send an email response with the email I actually chose, but wanted to echo my hopes that the larger than expected number of outstanding preorders is just a result of counting a smaller number multiple times. Thanks for trying to sort all this out!

Sorry to be a party pooper, but consider this:

If there indeed was substantially fewer pre-orders, I'd reckon Craig would have come and defend himself, as he would have had something to back that up. He was usually quite vocal with "good news".

And also bear in mind, the 500 wouldn't be divided with 3, in any case, because there evidently are people who haven't received their email multiple times. On the contrary, I'm willing to guess the "multiples" are a minority. So even if each of them would reduce the amount by two, the difference will still be quite insignificant. I'm willing to guess max 50, but more likely they won't reduce it at all.

Nevertheless, I would be glad to be wrong in this case.

I also got three emails. Perhaps someone should 'sort emails | uniq' or something ^_^

Since you can't upgrade to a Rebirth Pandora, I'm guessing the parts cost is essentially the same for the 1GHz model?

Since you can't upgrade to a Rebirth Pandora, I'm guessing the parts cost is essentially the same for the 1GHz model?
The rebirth would cost 10€ less then a ghz unit.

I'm willing to guess max 50, but more likely they won't reduce it at all.
I am not sure about this. Probably some less Pandoras would needed to be manufactured. And 50 units less is at least 15000 Euros less. Not so bad :) . I am more scared, when people appear who were not invited to the survey, but preordered.

I'd reckon Craig would have come and defend himself, as he would have had something to back that up. He was usually quite vocal with "good news".
Currently I believe Craig has no overview about his company and his customers. And could not find out that there a lot people duplicated on the list. Poor guy, I guess probably overworked (but he has created a big mess). But lets don't talk about Craig in this thread please.

Back