eMail sent!

I am an old preorderer that has not yet received a Pandora.  I check these forums periodically for new information. 

I see that this thread is about an email sent some time in September 2013.  Last email I received was April 11 2013 about the survey (which I did fill out).  What am I missing?  Should I have gotten the email this thread is talking about?  I cannot tell from the context of this thread.

--Phil Vogel

Hi, yeah, ED now has all the results from the survey and has sent at least one email about the current situation to everyone on it. It may be worth contacting ED and telling him your  details. 

Yep.

I also just sent the eMail once again to everyone who contacted me that he didn't get the email before.

I have not received my email yet ED, I believe I was on the list for this and I gave 2 email addresses.  
I have double and tripled checked the spam/ junk on both accounts.

If it is just a voucher code is there an option that you PM me it?  I know it may take a little time to do so.

Did anyone else waiting for a resend not get it?

-Chris  Forrester

Yeah, I still didn't get it Ed.  Looked in my gmail spam with no luck.  I originally placed my order through Jacquelyn on Feb 2nd 2009 if that helps.  And Like I said, I did get the email about the survey Apr 11.

--Phil

I just noticed you said that you just sent the email out to "everyone who contacted me".  I have never directly contacted you Ed.  How can I do so?  I have heard everyone say PM you on the forums.  Is there a way to do it though the forums?  Or are you talking some specific messaging app, or email?  What medium can I use to private message you?

--Phil

I just noticed you said that you just sent the email out to "everyone who contacted me".  I have never directly contacted you Ed.  How can I do so?  I have heard everyone say PM you on the forums.  Is there a way to do it though the forums?  Or are you talking some specific messaging app, or email?  What medium can I use to private message you?

--Phil
Either through mail (EvilDragon@openpandora.org) or through PM here at the boards.

Just let me know your eMail address you used for the survey and I'll resend the mail.

The first round of mails had some issues, but I only resent the mails to who contacted me and let me know he didn't get it.

I did send an email to you Ed on Oct 25th.  I still have not received an email.  And you confirm that you got my email?

--Phil

Does anyone have some news from ED? I'm still waiting for that email he's talking about. I've already written to him twice, but still no answer... I'm tired of waiting for so long (5 years!!!)

Sorry, I was terribly busy lately, and just handling all the remaining customers from Craig would be a one-man-fulltime job, but I cannot afford to hire anyone.

I'm slowly but surely moving forward..

I'm an old preorderer and I just got an email from OpenPandora Ltd (I'm assuming Craig?)

----------

Hello,

If you have received your Pandora you can ignore this email.

OpenPandora Ltd (UK) has ran out of funds and we have requested the company to be struck off.

As you may know the original company producing the PCBs failed to deliver around 1000 units due to manufacturing defects, this, along with the intermittent failure of the LCD cables drastically damaged our finances.

Earlier in the year we tried everything possible to continue business but 3 months ago, after legal advice, it was shown to be very unlikely to succeed. The company has no assets of any significant value.

There is no money to pay for liquidation (it would require around £4000) and since no one has applied to liquidate us it is with regret that we have had to take this action.

You can find a copy of the strike off form here:

http://craig.gp2x.de/liqform.zip

OpenPandora Germany continues to trade and may be able to help you in regards to outstanding orders, you should email them if they don't already have your details. (openpandora.org).

----------

Ed, were you aware that he was going to send this and does it effect your current mode of operation as far as taking new orders or upgrading goes?  Are you going to keep on keeping on?

--Phil

"All your case are belong to Crown!"

Interesting thing I note from the "Strike Off" application forms...

"Please note that on dissolution, all property and rights etc will to passed to the Crown."

I can't imagine the Crown has any use for the remaining PCB's and cases, but will this effect you in any way Ed?

--Phil

Actually a really good question. Who owns the rights to the Pandora? The name, the logo, the moulds, the boards, the overall design. I seem to recall that MWeston actually owns the rights to the boards and they were simply licensed to OpenPandora LTD, but what about the rest of it?

No worries, nothing does affect me.

The Logo, name and domain name is registered by my company, the PCB design is owned by Michael Weston, the case design is owned by DaveC (and we got a contract and I actually paid him, not Craig), the moulds are not even needed anymore as we got enough cases for all remaining Pandoras.

So we're safe here (that was something I planned before the investments happened - I wouldn't have done anything in case there could've been some issues because of rights or licenses...)

Glad to hear, that there won't be any legal issues.

the moulds are not even needed anymore as we got enough cases for all remaining Pandoras
Woohoo, I got a "limited edition" device. :D

So that actually means, that there is a limited supply of Pandoras and soon new customers will just have to wait for the awesome Rothwell-free successor hopefully to come?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the full business plan was "only" for 4000 units... and we passed the 3000 already :)

What we desperately needs here is some kind of counter that will tell us where are we standing for (right now, everyday).

It should be implemented as (example):

17th Nov 2013:  3212  delivered, 423 left!

It could be on the main page of Pandora (http://www.open-pandora.org/). It should be officially blamed at "different, old company" (OP ltd), and some kind of easy explanation: e.g. "do not mess it with new orders  that  are instantly shipped"

For curious, it could be explained that old company has bankrupt, and that great community is helping to somehow fulfill for those unlucky ones that did not get it, exclusively ordered from "old company".

I think that it could attract new customers, because it is a great example of common act, great story that everybody would like to be included... and we have good guy and bad guy here, ideal for classic drama... weapons... ok those are virtual, in games, but still present... an so on.

Actually, why it is not already done is out of my scope. No more Craig, no more hiding.

And one more: €300 extra is too much for me. I hope I will be e-mailed  when it comes to €120-150 ( I voted for €100).

Actually, why it is not already done is out of my scope. No more Craig, no more hiding.

And one more: €300 extra is too much for me. I hope I will be e-mailed  when it comes to €120-150 ( I voted for €100).
Just because of the missing time.

I am currently so much flooded with work that I am unable to do everything I need to do, so I can't do any extras right now, sorry.

And if you voted for 100 EUR extra, you will get an eMail when it comes to 100 EUR.

If you are okay with 150 EUR, you can always send me a mail and then you'll get a mail when it comes to 150 EUR.

I've voted for the 150€ extra, but I'm now ok for 200€ if I can get it faster... I can't wait no more!

Back