Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

Well I'm getting a lot of screen tearing so any improvement would be really welcome.

Is vsync something that is likely to be implemented?
For now, vsync just use the eglSwap vsync, that you setup with eglSwapInterval. If it's not enough, I may try to plug-in the "fb sync" that Pickle as created for his great eglport.
Not sure but has eglSwapInterval.really ever worked on pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is vsync something that is likely to be implemented?
For now, vsync just use the eglSwap vsync, that you setup with eglSwapInterval. If it's not enough, I may try to plug-in the "fb sync" that Pickle as created for his great eglport.
Nos sure but has eglSwapInterval.really ever worked on pandora?
Well, I will put your VSync code, and we'll the diference ;)

New build on the repo.

I added default controls for the Pandora, based on the iControlPad scheme.

And added VSync, based on the FB/VSync from eglport from Pickle. No more tearingon fast scrolling.

Also, for the 2 emus that support PAL framerates (MD & NES only), I use the op_lcdrate.sh to switch to 50/60Hz.

Here is the new diff: pandora.zip

Build 04

----------

• Added default Pandora control
  • Added VSync (thanks Pickle for eglport)
  • Switched LCD to 50/60Hz for emu that support it (only MD and NES for now)
  • A few more compilation optims for GBA.emu that where disabled before

Attachments

• pandora.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 247
Aaaargh! I have left my Pandora at home so can't try these at lunchtime. Oh well nevermind!

Thanks for all your hard work on these ptitSeb. It's very much appreciated and I'll be installing tonight when I get home from work.

is there any keyboard shortcuts we should be aware of? can't check as I'm at work but is GBA full speed or not? cheers for the work on this.

future thoughts - is there anyway to add thumbnails or game info for broswing the rom list?

Woke up to a wall of updates in the repo, you are a machine ptitSeb.

Thanks Yoshi :)

I'll look at the Sonic tearing. I had try a SMS version of Sonic, that worked great. Which version did you test?

SMD Sonic 1 and 3.
Those versions are for what regions E/U/J ? I want to understand if they are runing in PAL or NTSC frequencies.
I tested the following combinations (SMD Good Set ROMs)...

Sonic 1 (W), Game Region (E), PAL

Sonic 1 (W), Game Region (U), NTSC

Sonic 1 (W), Game Region (J), NTSC

Sonic 3 (E), Game Region (Auto), PAL

Sonic 3 (U), Game Region (Auto), NTSC

Sonic 3 (J), Game Region (Auto), NTSC

The tearing effect is always there, like a distorted line in the upper part of the screen.

Ah yes, I have done a short test, and I have notice that. It may be the genesis-plus basecode that is doing this. I will try to tests on a PC version to see if present (does this tearing appears also in Android or iOS version?)

Just tried build 4 of snes9x and im getting a weird rectangle screen tearing issue in the top right of the screen.

im using it on a cc pandora, also is it possible to disable the mouse cursor on startup as everytime i touch the analogue stick the cursor becomes visible ingame.

^try dumping the appdata folder for snes9x ex and reloading. Not sure why, but I was having some different issues that seemed to clear up after clearing it out and reloading after the update.

This last update is working great for me, everything looks and sounds so good and fluid now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back