Emu Issues With New Gp2x

trebormills

Still Fresh
Newbie so forgive any stupidity... :D

Have recharged my batteries 4 times as had on since 18:00 yesterday and havent stopped playing with the gp2x... even fell asleep with it on last night at about 3 in the morning :lol:

Right now i have most things up and running but i still have a few issues with mame, neo geo and amiga emulation. driving me nuts

I have amiga forever and therefore all the correct roms but i cant get the emu working very well..it runs then as it boots the amiga it just goes to a random screen thats either black, white or more typically blue. any ideas...which emu is best and which rom??? currently using uae2x for multidisk games and uae4all after working out i needed to rename rom file

I have a few mame roms but they are sometimes flaky as i think they are mostly 112 roms?? help!!..the change rom thinghy does not seem to work..basically I guess i need gp2x approved mame roms???

Finally I have neo geo roms and after getting the universal rom most problems have been solved, however a few games I think are bad..some of the newer ones boot then try to dump gfx and then fail to restart correctly. Anything I may try to solve?? I read somewhere that that was a sign of bad rom zip

Very happy with stuff that does work...sam sho 1 and mr do...retro heaven...but I want more. Tried some home brew and its good...loving bor, although tmnt seems to crash which is very sad but final fight and avp rocks

PS
also my duke nukem just hangs after menu comes up

PPS
brand new gp2x with ver 3 firm...I really dont want to downgrade so hopefully other options

update on issues

AMIGA
tried renaming amiga rom that i know works and seems to boot to kickstart...just need to find adfs that will do trick now...space crusade booted but was nasty...I think it was listed as being a problem game somewhere.

NEO GEO
Found wiki and checked games against list of working, mostly working or not at all...so now know which roms are bad and which just dont work

SCUMM
trying to get pc files as amiga ones seem to be going south on me...mk1 wont start without password, mk2 worked but now has started generating missing room or something errors. Indy is on my a1200 hdu and thinking about giving it a go but will have to plug drive into pc and winuae it onto sd card...but if torrent friend helps might just use pc version to save hassle

DOOM, QUAKE and Nukem
Doom and quake seems to work fine but Nukem still just hangs ..... will try torrent of setup system as I just seem to be getting it wrong

MAME
Torrent is friend...if I can get it to work.....!!!! Keep getting tracker response decoding errors...starts download then stops with no data. Any ideas where to look for resolving???
Basically I have answer to many of my issues but cant get the dam things downloaded as torrent not working...is it me or the site??? any ideas appreciated....concerned may be firewall issues

PS
Thanks for info re torrents to all who I have chatted with

trebormills posted on Mar 11 2007 at 07:05 AM said:
DOOM, QUAKE and Nukem
Doom and quake seems to work fine but Nukem still just hangs ..... will try torrent of setup system as I just seem to be getting it wrong

PS
Thanks for info re torrents to all who I have chatted with

This may seem a little silly, but regarding Duke2x if it seems to hang after you start a new game in the menu, with just music playing over the menu background, make the menu choice with the 'A' button instead of 'B'

Last edited by a moderator:
Back