emuLA - EMUlator LAuncher front-end

Fzero

Advanced Member
I only heard of this thanks to the IndoGO! Kickstarter, and having looked into it more I like how it sounds.

Graphically I feel the interface looks a little bit too no-frills.
Though I suspect that's just where it's in development and the prettifying shall come later.

But functionality wise, it sounds very appealing.
Uses gamesdb to scrape artwork.
No need to have all roms in separate directories.
And what impressed me most was that it will automatically detect the emulator required for a rom and if you don't have it it goes off and downloads then installs it.

Just sounds like, all going as planned, a really simple process of just clicking your game file and done... start playing.
No need to set up emulator configs and such.

I know most of us quite enjoy that, but I know that there will be lots of people who this kind of easy automated setup would appeal to.

Nice to have lots of options for FE anyway eh

Official site for anyone interested in reading more
http://www.a-mc.biz/_software/emula

Interesting, I suppose it will use a database of every version of every emulator supported to do that O_O

EDIT: well, for now MAME-like emulators are not listed, those are the worst to deal with

Last edited:
At first I thought "what's a thread about Ebola doing here?".
After looking at the program, I've seen free or premium version and suddenly had to think of CommanderBeef. ;)
Well, the concept is nice, but wasn't there already something like this somewhere?
Anyway, will wait how it works in Linux with MAME.

I know EmulationStation on the RaspberryPi is similar, but it certainly doesn't automate the process of retrieving covers and info and in that case the installation installs a specific set of emulators and they may need some tweaking (Especially N64, etc)
If this is going to automatically identify ROMs and pull in their covers and info AND any tweaked configurations AND allow you to turn on enhancements, then it sounds very interesting indeed.

The pulling of artwork and info I think is the easier part... not that I myself would have a clue about scripting such a thing.. but I mean I know that is done in other systems.

For example Launchbox / Bigbox ...which I use on Windows. That grabs all artwork from the usual sources, gamesdb, archive, etc.

So does ROM Collection Browser ...which I use on my Kodi.

And so does Gamesome FE ...which I run on Android.

It was the auto d/l and install of the emulators which sounded a particularly impressive feature.
Hopefully will work well and with MAME in due course.
I've backed the IndieGO! KS so will try it out then even if I don't install it sooner on another platform

Back