Emulation - NES

There seems to be a little bug with savestates:

Saving and Loading during a gameing sessions works flawless. But leaving the emulator, starting it again (later) and trying to load a state saved in the previous session leads to a "garbled" game which cannot be played (tried it with at least six different games, several times).
Hmh did not expect that to break, it used to work on GP2X..

Will have a look.

I had the same failure to load savestates after restarting the emulator, if you need more confirmation. SMB3 and FF1.

...and for what it's worth, I have some kind of memory of one or the other of the older gpfce builds for the pandora (either the wrapped-in-ginge-one or (more likely) the straight-recompilation-of-the-gp2x-source-one from way back) having the same kind of problem.

Forgot to answer these:

Whenever there is time, I'd love to see a little write-up on what the different filter and scaling options does. I can change them around and see that stuff changes, of course, but I'm curious as to what actually happens?
Those filters are rather traditional in PC emulators, there is even a wikipedia article for them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art_scaling_algorithms

I tried the infamous 'Action 52' and like the GINGE wrapped version... it will crash the emulator all the time... altough the 'game'(if you can call it that) is hacky/not technically well made at all and would often crash a real NES from time to time..
It's the one with Cheetahmen right? It's an interesting part of gaming history, worth fixing I guess.

@ notaz:

Any updates on that savestate matter ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Notaz, I don't know if you saw my comment on the Repo already, but I've found that I'm not able to save my controls configuration. I selected the Save Global Config option in the Controls menu and exited with the menu option, and it didn't work. I also tried selecting the Save Global config option in the controls menu and then going to the options menu and clicking the Save Global Config option there.

Other options are saving fine, just controls aren't.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's annoying because I prefer a controls setup different from the default.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back