Saving Game Files With Nes Gpfce

DrPibb

Still Fresh
Is there a way to save a game with the "NES GPFCE" emulator? I want to play Final Fantasy 1 but it wont remember my save after I turn off my GP2X. If it can't save are there any other NES emulators that can? Thanks.

If you hold the stick button and press L (I think) it will save the exact spot in the game you are at. This is called a "save state". Hold the stick button and press R to load that state. I might have the buttons a little mixed up there, but I think that's right.

Also the Final Fantasy game on the NES is supposed to have built in SRM saving. Look for a save menu in the game.

Also deatilas of the save state options and such are usually included in the program's readme. It's always worth reading the readmes.

MrPepper posted on Sep 30 2006 at 06:13 PM said:
Is there a way to save a game with the "NES GPFCE" emulator? I want to play Final Fantasy 1 but it wont remember my save after I turn off my GP2X. If it can't save are there any other NES emulators that can? Thanks.

What versoin are you using? Mine (gpfce v 0.2 5/28/2006) works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrPepper's keys are right. Also, holding R changes the save slot. So it maybe that you changed the save slot and didn't realise it. Of course all of this and more is in the readme as PokeParadox said.

Thanks for the replys. I've been using ver 0.2 and in that readme theres close to no info on save-states. I made an error in my original post, I've been trying to play Final Fantasy 3 not 1. I'll look for the better version of the emulator, thanks for the link.

Oops, I guess I have the best version. Nevermind....

Back