Emus

whodahell600

Is it possible for someone to please review the emulators? I dont know which ones to download and if possible say if they run fast and have save ect. thanks for tha generosity

SMS 0.5 (Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear) - my favourite emulator. Full speed and sound, screen stretching (only for GG games), file selector. Wish list: working save states, zip or gzip support. And it would be good if emulator wouldnt use 133 mhz clock. Lower value means longer playing.
GPVGB V0.11 - (Game Boy/ GB Color) in my opinion the best GB/GBC emu for GP32. Good speed and sound, screen stretching, big compatibility,file selector. Wish list: working GBA emu ;))))

GPSpeccy V0.05 (ZX Spectrum emulator) - very playable. Good speed, quite good sound emulation (if we can talk about good sound in ZX spectrum case ;). Big compatibility, file selector, full screen gaming. Wish list: AY sound chip support.

Those are emulators i use most often.

Yeah, the NES and SNES emulators that are out there and either being worked on actively or discontinued aren't up to the level of being completely playable.. but they're coming. Hopefully we'll see some good things. :)

Genesis.. well, that is in the works from what I heard.

Wonderswan and TG-16? Last I heard they got some basic development done, then the authors didn't have time to finish them.

So, SMS is great, GPVGB is good (though it could use a little tweaking.. :)

Snes9xGP 0.72a: Decent speed on a limited number of games without sound, even more limited with, but sometimes playable - just test a few games.
SnesGP: Good speed, but no L/R keys... its got a file selector, but no sound or save - both of which I hope desperately to see in a future release.
InfoNES: Slowly becoming more and more playable with both sound and save - no need for screen stretching - 0.2 was good for many many games, and I'm assuming 0.3 beats it further.
Wonderswan: Funs FF1 & 2 at full speed (or seems so) - needs FS 3 though, but certainly playable. Savestates mean you can save, and although there's no sound yet, the thing is perfectly playabe. I wish it had screen stretching though. The author HASN'T given up completely, just put it on hold, so it might see further development.
TG-16 I can't really talk about - many of the games I tried on it don't work properly.
Oh, and Plus/4 emu by CHN runs many games at at the least, playable speed (seems full speed, but someone mentioned the next ver would be 10%, so perhaps a tad slow atm...?)
fMSX: Is still being worked on, and from what I hear, coming along **very** well...

Back