Enable Tv-out From My Program

Marton

Still Fresh
Hi, I need a bit of help with this.
I know Kouch was able to read the registers related to LCD or TV-Output, to create a suitable video mode for an application.
I am trying to hook up my GP2X to my cocktail cabinet to play some emus, and I always need to go to the settings to turn the TV-Out mode on when I do a power cycle. I want this to be automatically done by my program. Is it possible? If so, which registers need to be set?

Any help will be more than appreciated. Thanks!!

Marton

Marton posted on May 3 2006 at 07:56 PM said:
Hi, I need a bit of help with this.
I know Kouch was able to read the registers related to LCD or TV-Output, to create a suitable video mode for an application.
I am trying to hook up my GP2X to my cocktail cabinet to play some emus, and I always need to go to the settings to turn the TV-Out mode on when I do a power cycle. I want this to be automatically done by my program. Is it possible? If so, which registers need to be set?

Any help will be more than appreciated. Thanks!!

Marton
You can get basic info for setting TV-Out parameters (after it is enabled) here.
I am afraid that, if you want to go further, you will have to dig into the hardware documentation here. Check specially the MMSP2 Data Book.

Last edited by a moderator:
GPH don't seem to like to poke around with the hardware directly, so you might find that the TV out support in the menus is done via ioctl (or similar) calls to the kernel, in which case you should be able to find the actual code that changes the registers in the kernel source.

Back