Getting Tv-out To Work With Sdl (open2x Prebuilt, Sw Surfaces)

Alex.

Retired
Hi,

I don't have a TV-out cable myself, however someone in a thread told me that my game Sqdef does not work well in TV-out mode. I use the SDL libs from the Open2x site (DevKitGP2X), but somehow the image is displayed improperly. Is there a specific way I must initialize SDL in order to get it to work? Here's the code I use:

CODE
SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_JOYSTICK | SDL_INIT_VIDEO | SDL_INIT_TIMER);
SDL_Surface* screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(WIDTH, HEIGHT, BPP, SDL_SWSURFACE);
SDL_SetClipRect(screen, NULL);
SDL_ShowCursor(SDL_DISABLE);

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm sorry for not being able to provide more details.

Alex. said:
Hi,

I don't have a TV-out cable myself, however someone in a thread told me that my game Sqdef does not work well in TV-out mode. I use the SDL libs from the Open2x site (DevKitGP2X), but somehow the image is displayed improperly.
I've never tested your excellent Sqdef on tv but is it a scaling problem ?
Artifact ? flikering ?
Is it on HD tv or classical CRT TV ?

Synchro ?
I saw you dont use double buffer so I suppose the synchro work correctly on TV

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooka said:
For a temporary fix, you could find out if this: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/TV-Out_Fixer works... I've never run into this problem with my projects, but I've seen it fixed in programs before so there's probably someone who knows how to fix it ;)

If only there was some way to test this. I'll ask someone in the Sqdef thread to check again.

JyCet said:
I've never tested your excellent Sqdef on tv but is it a scaling problem ?
Artifact ? flikering ?
Is it on HD tv or classical CRT TV ?

Synchro ?
I saw you dont use double buffer so I suppose the synchro work correctly on TV
I think only part of the image was displayed. And no double buffering is used, everything is standard stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you've done nothing to compensate, your being cut from overscan, 10-20% on vertical+horizontal.

Back