Release Enemy Territory: Legacy

Hi, first off thanks for all your work!

I copied etmain from a Linux desktop install and it gives an error "your free memory is too low, you have only 341mb, minimum is 350, recommended is 500" (I have a 1GHz), I click ok and it looks like it's going to load then I'm back at minimenu, any ideas?

Thx, J

I copied etmain from a Linux desktop install and it gives an error "your free memory is too low, you have only 341mb, minimum is 350, recommended is 500" (I have a 1GHz), I click ok and it looks like it's going to load then I'm back at minimenu, any ideas?

Thx, J
Hi,

I have put some test on memory, because ETLegacy needs quite soe memory, so I put blocker test. Either close a few software before launching, or mount a Swapfile before.

Thx, J
I've experienced strange behaviors regarding memory with 1GHz unit (must be the same with CC, but as it needs swap)...

After a reboot, I started Wifi, then PNDstore for Mupen64 upgrade and closed PNDstore. When I launched ET:Legacy, the game said I had not enough memory (<350). So either memory check is wrong (unlikely), or PNDstore have some kind of memory leak ?

But if you have memory issue, try to reboot, and only start network then ET:legacy (assuming you don't have some additional software running at startup).

Last edited by a moderator:
many thanks

ET Legacy v2.71rc2-32-g0c8f784 linux-arm Sep 26 2013

Zone megs: 24

Info: fs_game now defaults to 'legacy' mod instead of 'etmain'

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

/mnt/utmp/etlegacy/home/.etlwolf/legacy

./legacy

./legacy/pak3_v2.71rc2.pk3 (617 files)

./legacy/etl_bin_v2.71rc2.pk3 (2 files)

/mnt/utmp/etlegacy/home/.etlwolf/etmain

./etmain

./etmain/pak3_v2.71rc3.pk3 (659 files)

./etmain/pak3_v2.70rc1.pk3 (683 files)

./etmain/pak2.pk3 (22 files)

./etmain/pak1.pk3 (10 files)

./etmain/pak0.pk3 (3725 files)

./etmain/mp_bin.pk3 (6 files)

./etmain/etl_bin_v2.71rc3.pk3 (6 files)

./etmain/etl_bin_v2.71rc1.pk3 (8 files)

----------------------

5738 files in pk3 files

execing default_pandora.cfg

couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok

Not logging server attacks to disk.

Tracker: Server communication disabled by sv_advert.

----- Client Initialization -----

----- Initializing Renderer ----

-------------------------------

ETKEY found.

----- Client Initialization Complete -----

----- R_Init -----

^3tess.xyz not 16 byte aligned

SDL using driver "x11"

Initializing OpenGL display

Estimated display aspect: 1.667

Available modes: '800x480'

...setting mode 4: 800x480

Using 0/0/0 Color bits, 0 depth, 0 stencil display.

GL_RENDERER: (null)

----- CL_Shutdown -----

RE_Shutdown( 1 )

SDL input devices shut down.

-----------------------

Q_strncpyz: NULL src

Hi, ive been trying to get this working for the better half of two days and have to admit defeat, ive created a swapfile for my cc unit okay, however it crashes out without starting, the crashlog stating it couldnt load autoeec.cfg. ive tried looking on the boards and on the et legacy site with no mention of the autoexec.cfg, is it something im missing beeing a bit of a noob, id appreciate an help please. My crash log is:-

apologies about the log pasting first, ive obviously pressed wrongly when pasting, and oh yeah its silly O clock in the morning :(

Hi, many thanks for the response, I was literally about to type as it came up :) I've (hopefully) sorted my issue, I placed the sgx drivers to default, just in case, and it's loading up, so touch wood I'll be able to play this fantastic port soon :)

Back