Enexfi

@Nickmon
Yes, you can change everything.
Create a subfolder in skin and place it your gfx
Great!

The default icons are taken from WinXP?

If yes, please remove them in future releases, i don't own WinXP and so i can't use them legally.

Tia

77- double luck

Last edited by a moderator:
@skeezix
I've some problem to port from gp32 to gp2x, I know more gp32 sdk than SDL. I've tested to port crazy jack (my simpliest game) but it's very slow. Today I'm little busy to investigate under sdl optimum use and akanoid is my most complicate game

@double7
The tools icons come from various, system or software and are sometimes modified be me.
For the files icons, nothing exist at this size so ... custom touch ;)
The ENEXI icon is the exatly the same of windows explorer.
I dont planed to modify some internal icon ... and I think if you check every available skin for GPH you will discover some other "copyrighted pixel organization".
I dont exclude to change icon if someone made some kind icon :D
It's very funny to read one icon can be © :lol:

@starpause
I'll release the source ... just need to clean all unused code.
But today all comment are in french.

@rooster
It's already ready to do that.
Change version from normal to nand_access, and do what you want.
:ph34r:

skeezix, you just reminded me how awesome Akanoid and Crazy Jack are/were (since I no longer have a GP32) :)

Thanks for this new proggy, JyCet!

@skeezix
I've some problem to port from gp32 to gp2x, I know more gp32 sdk than SDL. I've tested to port crazy jack (my simpliest game) but it's very slow. Today I'm little busy to investigate under sdl optimum use and akanoid is my most complicate game

Maybe you could try to use Rlyehs Minilib instead of SDL, might be more common for you to use :)

Last edited:
Thanx JyCet. really a nice tool and better than the lame FW-Explorer,
but why is it impossible to rename a dir named 'c64' in 'C64' ?

Thanx JyCet. really a nice tool and better than the lame FW-Explorer,
but why is it impossible to rename a dir named 'c64' in 'C64' ?
thats a result of linux semi-accepting that fat32 is "meant to be" case insensitive. if you used ext2 on your sd this wouldnt be a problem.

I'd vote for minilib as well; more to point, minilib is just some useful util functions that you can use some of.. so its lightweight, and you use what you need... more to point -- you just use a couple setup routines and then its up to you, just like any other raw framebuffer applicqtion.

Should be easy to port to than SDL, since SDL forces you to work in a more SDL-like fashion :)

Then again, if you'r ejust rendering to a backbuffer (hidden buffer), then blit to framebuffer.. should be easy to do with SDL, and ignore almost entirely all of SDL. ie: at end of frame, just SDL_lock, then blit, then unlock, and repeat. Don't use the SDL functions for pixels or that garbage :)

jeff

am I missing the .ini file? There is no .ini file in that zip... Hmmm...

EDIT: Ill try running it, maybe its auto created at first run.

Edit2: Dont mind me, all is well :)

A great little app. :) It is so much easier to rename stuff now besides going into sterm, and renaming it with that lol.

Woot, nice one JyCet :)

(Hey wait, did you ever port Akanoid to GP2x? That was a really classy remake :)

jeff

Akanoid was awesome. So was Crazy Jack, two classics. Maybe if JyCet doesn't have time for it, the sources would come out some day so someone could port.

Pepone thanks for the hint.

Well, this program would definitely not be a replacement for the default gp2x explorer but the renaming feature alone makes it useful nonethless.

@starpause
I'll release the source ... just need to clean all unused code.
But today all comment are in french.

very cool to hear! even with french comments, code can speak for itself :)

besides my project i think there are others that could benefit from a snappy file-explorer ... gmu comes to mind!

Yes ( B ) is the button to use the tool
( A ) to explore.

If you change some button configuration in the INI file the button icon change too.

Back