Enslaving The Wiz/dingoo

conso

Hi!

Impressive multiplayer games run on both the dingoo and the wiz, but at least the dingoo is not linkable because of the crippled usb-connection (no idea if wiz has any active connectivity).
But the pandora has an usb-host, so it should be possible to have some awesome multiplayer action between a panora and several dingoos/wizs on the go. Afaik, there are quite a lot of pandora-preorderers that also bought a dingoo or a wiz, so it might be worthy to discuss this.

For this to work, there are several factors to be considered; first, does the game rely on controls that the Wiz/Dingoo lack? If so, there isn't really much that could be done there. Is the game just being 'projected' as it were onto the screens of the WizGoo (bear with my portmantoo...) or is it going to be processed separately? Is the WizGoo just working as a controller with a screen, basically? If not, will it be able to handle the game?

And again, there's possible compatibility issues with the USB, etc. But if somebody could get this working with a WizGoo, that'd make for a pretty good selling point for WizGoo owners..

Really, in the end, it's entirely possible... if developers are willing to do it.
The downside is they would most likely need a Wiz/Dingoo themselves for testing.
Maybe some expert could develop a library to assist the devs with this? A Pandora-Dingoo-Wiz networking library.

Seeing as all three devices can run some form of linux this should be an almost trivial matter. I posted about this a while back, it's one of my favorite ideas. It'd be like an old-school link-cable only better =D

The way I see it this could be handled by having the pandora be the one actually running an emulator; video output could be sent to the secondary device while it listens for button presses (which could just be mapped to key-presses so that you wouldn't even have to deal with having it act like a joy-pad).

The majority of the infrastructure necessary to achieving this goal is already in place, it would just be a matter of putting the pieces together & making a user-friendly client.

torpor said:
I bought two Pandoras just so I can work on multiplayer capabilities! :)
you mean like hacking lan-connectivity into emulators? if those hacks could be ported back to the dingoo/wiz versions, the thing would probably already be settled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back