Eolith On Gp32, B&b Arcade... Wtf?

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
http://www.cgos.net/phpmyvisites/sessions/...es&file=Bnb.zip

This Bomberman clone was apparently made by Eolith, the company that was entangled with SNK/NeoGeo in recent years. It's really good quality, especially the graphics, but seems unfinished (no music, incomplete sound).

Is there some known backstory to this game? Is Eolith planning to ever finish it as a commercial game? Just wondering if anyone knows anymore about Eolith working on Gp32 - I never knew they made this game until I happened by it today at GP32eu.com.

The author also had comments like this one earlier given, people just aren't happy with an awesome game released piecewise, with no sound, then sound, then more.

He was originally planning an eolith worms like game port, but had too many people hassle him over balloon and balloon, a truely awesome free game on the gp32.

You can also play the music, sound, 2 player version of both of these games on your pc, just to see what we missed by being impatient. Really good games.

For others reading this post, play balloon and balloon on www.gp32eu.com , it is not only beautiful, but a polished full game that really shows the power the gp32 has.

Impatient? Hassle?

WTF are you talking about?

I never even heard of this game before, so what "impatience" is there? And any author who can't deal with people mentioning their game has no music and incomplete sound probably should find another job/hobby. Yes it's quite a good game, but as I said, it's unfinished, mainly in the sound department. That's not a criticism, it's just a fact.

And I'd still like to know how Eolith is/was involved. Their logo is on the game.

Prophet posted on Dec 20 2004 at 08:30 PM said:
Impatient? Hassle?

I never even heard of this game before, so what "impatience" is there? And any author who can't deal with people mentioning their game has no music and incomplete sound probably should find another job/hobby. Yes it's quite a good game, but as I said, it's unfinished, mainly in the sound department. That's not a criticism, it's just a fact.

And I'd still like to know how Eolith is/was involved. Their logo is on the game.

Umm... Eolith wasn't involved. If I put a SEGA logo sticker on my GP32, would that
mean that SEGA was involved in the creation of it? NO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah posted on Dec 21 2004 at 05:09 AM said:
Impatient? Hassle?

Umm... Eolith wasn't involved. If I put a SEGA logo sticker on my GP32, would that

If i remember well, actually he made the game (is the programer) for Eolith company.
He has de source code for B&B because he made it. :)

Thanks for your concern about the GP32 port of BnB arcade.

A version with sound will be released as soon as possible.
(It seems to be took a few weeks.)

And, it's not an emulator.

Since I made the BnB myself, I could make a GP32 port of BnB.

I have a plan of porting my previous arcade projects to GP32.

Thank you! .

LINK

Blah posted on Dec 21 2004 at 05:09 AM said:
Impatient? Hassle?

Have you even played the game?

Spare me the silly comments about putting stickers on your GP32. FYI B&B _IS_ an Eolith arcade game, and this game turns out to be a port done by the original dev.

http://eoarcade.eolith.co.kr/product/product.asp?c_id=5

In fact, anyone else with snide remarks to make - find someplace else to vent your boredom. I'm interested in this game's background, period.

Hokutoy pretty much confirmed what I suspected, that B&B was done by an Eolith programmer in an unofficial capacity, perhaps in the hopes it might become an official commercial project down the road. The graphics/art quality is clearly well beyond the typical homebrew fare, so it makes sense. So I'm not surprised to discover the author IS a professional dev at Eolith.

Thanks to jr2swiss & hokutoy for the links. Good to have some more mature people around here like you.

I hope Nyam does more on the GP32 in the future, because he's obviously very talented and BnB is definitely impressive on the GP32. I'd be willing to pay a few bucks for some finished arcade style games from this dev. B)

Nyam :
catmince posted on Dec 21 2004 at 08:19 AM said:
Since I made the BnB myself, I could make a GP32 port of BnB.
I have a plan of porting my previous arcade projects to GP32.

Back