Gbax2005 Review (all Submissions)

You doesn't sound offensive, just too childish ^___-

As I can see... not many people leave their feedbacks. And not so many people even test some projects.

So... do you need a detailed feedback from some proffies? huh? ^_^'

You sound like a snobbish asshole, sorry if THAT was to childish for you.
And I don`t like people that call themselves proffies, whatever that is <_<
Maybe you can explain first what`s so childish about my questions...

And thanks, Huxley, I got something wrong about that points system he explained.
I did get that whole "5 total - 1 point for this and that"-system wrong as he explained it.
Even if the score wouldn`t be 4/5, I`m happy about every review I get :D
I hope I didn`t piss Hahahoj off, I`m really thankful for his oppinion.

And thanks about that with Mini Slug (same with Bloody Bumblebee). In the next release you will be able to exit from midgame to title screen via select!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! L& R... Please!!!!! I keep catching the Select button and practically every other GBAX entry has this annoying Select button explode thingie

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, L&R then, Goity. :D

@Hahahoj:
I know he`s Famesoft/Super Plusha, but that doesn`t make him sound different...
I don`t know if he is a good person or not, just let me judge by myself.

But maybe I was a bit to harsh...

Quiest, I love your mini game project itso fun and it has an awesome splash screen :D

but in the mario game sometimes I will land on the goombas and I will kill the goomba and still die

I jsut think you should make more games / have people donate some games to him. I would but I don't know how to code nor the motivation to learn

Thanks for the review and the translation, too.

I finally had the chance to play most of the other entries (found my cable).

In my opinion it's almost too much new GP32 games. This can make people quickly jump from one game to another, without getting into any of them. It's just like the difference between having few self bought games or hundreds of illegal copies: the value of a single game is lowered.

Well I did like the bocket game, hex pistols demo, hugo32 and the sonic mini game.
But I didn't play those consisting of a lot of files, since on MacOS X I have to manually install every single file. FPK is better for me.

BTW: the SEGA Saturn version of my WinterSports Eins is out.

Thanks Tarka.

I thought long about the press select question, but I didn`t find a better solution, yet.

But I`m currently working on some tweaks and a new menu, and stuff, so I may update and change something about this.

"you commented on nothing in the review helps you improve your mingames"
What you mean by that? Where did I never commented? Review helps? ...???

I am really enjoying the minigame project. I have yet to try the new version, but I am excited about it.:) Excellent work so far!

Thanks for the review and the translation, too.

I finally had the chance to play most of the other entries (found my cable).

In my opinion it's almost too much new GP32 games. This can make people quickly jump from one game to another, without getting into any of them. It's just like the difference between having few self bought games or hundreds of illegal copies: the value of a single game is lowered.

Well I did like the bocket game, hex pistols demo, hugo32 and the sonic mini game.
But I didn't play those consisting of a lot of files, since on MacOS X I have to manually install every single file. FPK is better for me.

BTW: the SEGA Saturn version of my WinterSports Eins is out.

You do realize that someone already beat you to it on the GP a long time ago: Yetti GP

You do realize that someone already beat you to it on the GP a long time ago: Yetti GP

Thanks for the hint! I'll try it, from the first glance it's a fenix game.

Of course I did a search for already existing clones, but didn't find anyone.
Anyways, my project started as a SEGA Saturn game and uses the hardware graphics chips on this architecture.
Later it's been expanded to SDL and so all other ports (GP32, Dreamcast, MacOS X, Windows) began.
Without the GBAX, there would most likely be no GP32 port atm.

It's the most simple gameplay of all, so I hope people enjoy it. :)

FYI? I like that Fenix version better, it runs faster at 133 mhz? Why should I play an overclocked version, that drains my batteries faster?

Sorry, Rockin-B, keep working on it, you can make that faster!

FYI? I like that Fenix version better, it runs faster at 133 mhz? Why should I play an overclocked version, that drains my batteries faster?

Sorry, Rockin-B, keep working on it, you can make that faster!

About WinterSports Eins:

The slow alpha blending version as well as it's overclocked binaries are just some bonus candy.

The recommended colorkey version runs at 50 MHz and won't drain your batteries.
You see, I could easily speed it up by just increasing the CPU frequency.

Ah, I remember now, the colorkey version didn`t run, I just get the background displayed, but no sprites (I hear the sounds, though)

Sounds like not all files are installed.
If a file is missing it's not reported, I think.
I installed both FPK versions several times and it worked fine.
The cartreader stuff should be the same.

Could you please look which files are in your gpmm/WSEins folder?
That would help me a lot to find the reason.

The last option would be to dump the WSEins installation and send it to me for evaluation.

Again: the overclocked binaries alone won't work without the GFX and SFX files.

That's unlikely to happen that way. I could speed up the gameplay without having to increase the framerate. It runs smooth. I'm quite happy about the frequency of 50 MHz.

Back