European Ps3 Launch

Ganepark32

Suit Up!
Website
Visit site
Surprised something like this wasn't already started. Any I wanna know, who braved the cooled last night to get one. Who went to the official launch in Virgin Megastores in London and got their free 46" HDTV? And what are ur impressions of the console so far? And have u seen anywhere that is sold out as I havent.

shinneri posted on Mar 23 2007 at 08:08 PM said:
Yeah, how's that fractured backwards compatibility working out? <_< :rolleyes:

Apparently over 75% of PS2 games are working... Anyway, you buy a next gen console to play next gen games, not old ones!!!! ;) the ability to play old games is just a bonus...

I would hate to have been person number 101 in that Official launch que... knowing that I had just missed out on a free Sony 46 inch HD LCD screen by one place would piss me right off!! :p

Might buy one soon. Gamestation is starting to put offers on already eg somehting like £449 with any game plus Xmen...

Last edited by a moderator:
I sugggest getting Oblivion ASAP. It's digital heroin.

Seriously. It gave me actual physical pain to have to leave for work today :(

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 23 2007 at 05:06 PM said:
Free 46 inch teles?!?!?!!!

Holy smokes :eek:

... if true, it's likely dependent on you signing some long-term cable TV contract, or something like that ...

I read that in Australia, the store staff outnumbered the folks purchasing the PS3 :lol:

Lol, I'd love to see the people travelling home on the London underground with their PS3s and 46" Tellys.

... and it seems like they waited to see just how many showed up ... 120. Not a lot. I'm sure $ony could afford to give away 120 Bravia TVs to boost their brand via word of mouth :)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 23 2007 at 04:00 PM said:
That was very decent of Sony. I'm sure ol ninty wouldnt be giving standard definition TVs away ;)
Funny, I was just thinking about how Nintendo hasn't needed to bribe people to buy their consoles. :lol:

Ravnos posted on Mar 23 2007 at 06:28 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 23 2007 at 04:00 PM said:
That was very decent of Sony. I'm sure ol ninty wouldnt be giving standard definition TVs away ;)
Funny, I was just thinking about how Nintendo hasn't needed to bribe people to buy their consoles. :lol:
...wait, I need to savor the logic crush here..............

Ok. It came as a surprise to these people when they were informed they would be rewarded for the long wait ;)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 23 2007 at 10:00 PM said:
hahahaHAhahahHahaHAHa

Well i have my jap ps3 and i just created a new user and was able to choose UK :D wich is good so now i can use my real address and use the uk shop thing :)

LOL. Nice one microsoft. Oh and TelcoLou, did u not read what I had posted? I did say that the TVs were only given out at Virgin Megastores in London.

All stores near me still have plenty of stock. Its brilliant. Ive only seen 1 person buying one and he was spending roughly £1000 on it with all the games and the HDMI cable and some other accessories.

Im certainly not paying for a PS3 at the price its at. Ive entered 2 competitions to win one and a game so if I win im not exactly gonna be complaining. Just depends on whether I win the one that comes with Blazing Angels or Virtua Fighter 5.

Steve-O posted on Mar 23 2007 at 04:49 PM said:
Apparently over 75% of PS2 games are working... Anyway, you buy a next gen console to play next gen games, not old ones!!!! ;) the ability to play old games is just a bonus...
Apparently not. And no, it's not a bonus when Sony flaunts and yells about their backwards compatibility being near perfect because of relying on hardware. Of course, now that it's been removed, it's not a big deal anymore. <_<

Back