European Ps3 Launch

Steve-O posted on Mar 23 2007 at 08:49 PM said:
shinneri posted on Mar 23 2007 at 08:08 PM said:
Yeah, how's that fractured backwards compatibility working out? <_< :rolleyes:

Apparently over 75% of PS2 games are working... Anyway, you buy a next gen console to play next gen games, not old ones!!!! ;) the ability to play old games is just a bonus...

I would hate to have been person number 101 in that Official launch que... knowing that I had just missed out on a free Sony 46 inch HD LCD screen by one place would piss me right off!! :p

Might buy one soon. Gamestation is starting to put offers on already eg somehting like £449 with any game plus Xmen...
If I was gonna spend all that money on a PS3, I would at least want to be able to unplug the old PS2 from the TV. Its hardly a bonus when the US and Japan get it included as standard, is it? And cheaper too.

Lets all hope us European consumers use some sense and teach Sony not to take the piss with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truthfully how many of you use your PS2 to play PSX games??? How many of you have used your Xbox360 to play Old Xbox games???....

I have 100+ PSX games and have played non of them on my PS2. As soon as I got my PS2, PSX games were never hardly played. I have about 20 Xbox games and since getting my 360 I have never played them... Yea Backwards compatability is a good thing but its one of them things that you want your console to have but you will probably never hardly use...

Overal it wouldnt put me off buying one.

Steve-O posted on Mar 25 2007 at 02:06 PM said:
Truthfully how many of you use your PS2 to play PSX games??? How many of you have used your Xbox360 to play Old Xbox games???....

I have 100+ PSX games and have played non of them on my PS2. As soon as I got my PS2, PSX games were never hardly played. I have about 20 Xbox games and since getting my 360 I have never played them... Yea Backwards compatability is a good thing but its one of them things that you want your console to have but you will probably never hardly use...

Overal it wouldnt put me off buying one.
I have and still do.

I have completed FF7&9 and Chrono Cross on my PS2.
I use my xbox to emulate everything from N64 to the Sega Mega Drive.
Up until recently, Halo 2 (an xbox game) was the most popular game played on Live on 360s!
I have been playing MarioKart Double Dash on my Wii with my girlfriend this very day.

All old things don't become shit and a waste of time when something newer comes along.

Backwards compatibility is there for a reason. And with the PS2 receiving better games than the PS3 right now, it is definitely useful to have.

Steve-O posted on Mar 25 2007 at 01:06 PM said:

Well, I'm the opposite of you Steve-O; for the first year I owned my PS2, I played more PSX games on it that PS2 games, and I've used it to revisit my PSX favourites countless times over the years. Our PSOne is actually used upstairs on the bedroom TVs now (if someone's sick in bed, for instance), so the PS2 is the only way to play PSX games on the main "console" TV.

Of course, if Sony hadn't made a big stink about how bad Microsoft's backward compatibilty was compared to that of the PS3 back when MS launched the 360, then maybe people would be more forgiving now... But really, claiming backward compatibility but FFVII and Metal Gear Solid 2 don't work? What the hell are they thinking?!? :blink:

People aren't bothered about the PS3 everywhere still has plenty of stock and the free HDTV's was a desperate move for Sony to get more sales but when you consider it that cost them over £200,000.

The only thing this person wants tho is an empty box

ebay :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was in Gamestation earlier and some bloke and his girlfriend had gone in to buy a PS3. The bloke behind the counter spent 10 minutes convincing them that they should get a 360 instead. The bloke was convinced as soon as he heard he could get whatever game he was interested in (didn't hear what it was) for the 360, for only £305 instead of £450. The girl was determined to get one however, and kept whining about how the 360 was 'last years news' and that she doesn't know how to use the 360 controller ;) In the end the bloke went away to try and persuade her that the saving was worth it :D

piemaster posted on Mar 25 2007 at 10:43 AM said:
People aren't bothered about the PS3 everywhere still has plenty of stock and the free HDTV's was a desperate move for Sony to get more sales but when you consider it that cost them over £200,000.

The only thing this person wants tho is an empty box

ebay :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone is ignoring the fact that IT WAS A SURPRISE TO THE PEOPLE ONLINE. They were already there to buy a ps3 when they were rewarded for waiting.

;)

yes thats true the people in the que didnt knwo they were getting the tvs.
Also about backwards compatibility i have a jap ps3 so i coudlnt play any of my games on it anyway and actually most of my ps2 games are copies :p. If you have ps2 games then you will probably have a ps2 so use that instead. Its not like you would get much for selling your ps2 anyway so you might aswell keep it.

I havent been playing my ps3 much or any console really but i went back to the ps3 the other day and there was an update for resistance. I updated then found it now supports voice on it. I thought oh well looks like i will have ot go buy a sony headset thing BUT NO I just plugged in a usb headset that i got for my pc and it works fine and supposedly most bluetooth headsets will work too . Also i plugged my 360 camera into my ps3 and it works fine too :eek:.

So basically what im saying is sony are not bad they let you use whatever you want on the ps3 instead of forcing you to buy sony things for it.

Goity posted on Mar 25 2007 at 08:00 PM said:
It'd be cool if Sony let you play PS1 and PS2 games at 720p
It'd be cool if Sony would let you play frickin' movies at 720p! :angry:

jimid2 posted on Mar 26 2007 at 10:15 AM said:
Goity posted on Mar 25 2007 at 08:00 PM said:
It'd be cool if Sony let you play PS1 and PS2 games at 720p
It'd be cool if Sony would let you play frickin' movies at 720p! :angry:
...That's strange. I have this weird dvd that says Blu Ray on it. Supposedly it plays at 1080p on my HDTV.

Of course it's all lies. That can't be possible!

Figure are in for the launch of the PS3 in the UK. According to what ive read, although there is still plentiful stock of PS3s 165,000 were sold on the first day or first weekend I cant remember which is correct. It outsold the 360's launch by nearly 100,000 units and beat the wii by 64,000 although I reckon if there were more Wiis to go around then the Wii launch figures would be higher.

Back